There is no one playing Gold that is good enough to play Gold

#21nathraxhPosted 4/21/2013 1:52:53 AM
I was in a PUG silver lobby the other day as a Salarian engineer (because everyone keeps bleeting on like sheep about how crap that class is, I never take him any higher than silver). Eventually two other guys in there changed to that same class (one of these was the host) and the other stayed as a Quarian female infiltrator. The host stealth-switched to gold difficulty, but I don't think any of us realised until the end.

We achieved full extraction, and the whole game was surprisingly easy. I honestly couldn't believe it when we got to the final score screen and it said GOLD at the top. We breezed through it with classes that everyone here bashes at every opportunity.

Just thought I'd share.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#22MasterVashPosted 4/21/2013 4:03:25 AM
I was in a PUG silver lobby the other day as a Salarian engineer (because everyone keeps bleeting on like sheep about how crap that class is, I never take him any higher than silver). Eventually two other guys in there changed to that same class (one of these was the host) and the other stayed as a Quarian female infiltrator. The host stealth-switched to gold difficulty, but I don't think any of us realised until the end.

We achieved full extraction, and the whole game was surprisingly easy. I honestly couldn't believe it when we got to the final score screen and it said GOLD at the top. We breezed through it with classes that everyone here bashes at every opportunity.

Just thought I'd share.

Was it Geth? Salarian Engineer is crazy good against Geth. Stealing shields and detonating FEs on every unit makes it easymode.

Either way, congrats. Any character with Energy Drain is automatically not the worst character.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#23nathraxhPosted 4/21/2013 4:28:59 AM
MasterVash posted...

Just thought I'd share.

Was it Geth? Salarian Engineer is crazy good against Geth. Stealing shields and detonating FEs on every unit makes it easymode.

Either way, congrats. Any character with Energy Drain is automatically not the worst character.

It was indeed against Geth. Taking on board what you said, it's likely the host looked at the line-up and figured it was party time. In hindsight, good call on his part.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#24Foreman22Posted 4/21/2013 5:04:14 AM
Same with platinum really except they are doing even worse in it.

My last four extractions on plat was with Juggs. Juggs can handle plat with a decent team. Just don't kid yourself into believing that you are going to the high score and except your heavily support role.
#25egpNoodlezPosted 4/21/2013 5:23:38 AM
Havoc49J posted...
If you can't solo a difficulty, don't go into the match expecting to finish it. You'll only be disappointed.

Is this just more of a 360 thing? I can hardly solo anything, yet I'm constantly extracting on Gold.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#26MurphysGhostPosted 4/21/2013 6:20:52 AM
egpNoodlez posted...
Havoc49J posted...
If you can't solo a difficulty, don't go into the match expecting to finish it. You'll only be disappointed.

Is this just more of a 360 thing? I can hardly solo anything, yet I'm constantly extracting on Gold.

It's more of a frustration thing.

I do Gold PUGs on 360 pretty frequently and there are plenty of groups who play well enough to win. But there are some people who simply don't belong, and if you get 2-3 of those matches in a row it gets pretty aggravating- to wipe on wave 9 with 150k and nobody else has broken 30k.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#27gunholePosted 4/21/2013 7:20:45 AM
hit a gold lobby yesterday with 3 juggalos mostly wielding average weapons like the GPR. waited around for them to switch, hoping they weren't actually serious about their setups.

but, they were...
---
[redX] [redX]