Recently started MP - Salarian Engineer

#1Lief_of_DelPosted 4/20/2013 7:57:50 PM
So decided to use Salarian Engineer. Respeced once already, and still not sure if I am doing things right. Tried looking up other peoples opinions, but because of the nerf update it is pretty confusing. So I know he isn't the best, but I still like him.

Right now I am:
Energy Drain:6 (Damage, Drain, Armor Boost)
Decoy: 3
Incinerate:6 (Damage, Burning Damage, Armor Damage)
Salarian Operative:5 (Damage & Capacity, Power Damage)
Fitness:6 (Health and Shield Stuff)

I really like energy drain. Being able to recharge my shields constantly during a fight. Decoy I just use every so often to make choke points against enemies that are effected by it. Incinerate I was just planning on using against enemies that aren't effected by Energy Drain as much so I went for power over crowd control. Not sure if I should change incinerate around or add more into decoy just so it does damage.

Since it is more difficult to use energy drain and incinerate together (especially with my current heavier weapon slowing down recharge rate) I was thinking if it would be worth it to repurpose the character into being more weapon focused. By this I mean changing up the Salarian Operative skill to focus more on weapon damage then use my powers more as a support (stripping/recharging shield, distraction, and attacking armor) and focus on weapon attacks. Instead of trying to combing powers like a human engineer.

I just don't know what is better and would like advice and input by those that have been here longer.
---
Let no bad happen.
#2Mr_arizonaPosted 4/20/2013 8:42:24 PM
I Shadow team members with him and help out with defenses and setting up combos. The Decoy in choke points is still pretty effective on maps like Glacier but it just doesn't take on a whole mob by itself. Kill things as they get distracted by it and another will be sucked in.

I go low weight as I like powers over guns. Collector SMG or Acolyte are pretty good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://zorcorner.webs.com/1242909212_sexy_girl_vs_yoga_ball.gif
#3sheepman23Posted 4/21/2013 8:23:22 AM
The Salarian Engineer is one of the most underrated kits in the game, in my opinion.

A few things to note:

- Against synthetics, you can use Incinerate + Energy Drain to produce a fire explosion. You can also do this on enemies that have shields and barriers, but it will not work on armor or health.

- I like to take Radius on Incinerate to hit multiple targets at once; you won't miss out on much damage if you go with it.

- If you have some Incendiary Rounds, try using them with the SE. This allows you to produce fire explosions on every target.

- Decoy is particularly effective against Geth and Cerberus forces. Whole groups of Phantoms and Geth Hunters can get hung up by a single decoy, so keep this in mind. It's an extremely useful source of crowd control, even with 3 points.

- Since you just started the MP, I'm assuming you don't have a lot of weapons, but the Mattock and Tempest are both viable Uncommon weapons on him. The Talon, Hurricane, and Lancer are all pretty good UR's if you've managed to unlock them.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4NefhithPosted 4/21/2013 10:46:14 AM
sheepman23 posted...
The Salarian Engineer is one of the most underrated kits in the game, in my opinion.

A few things to note:

- Against synthetics, you can use Incinerate + Energy Drain to produce a fire explosion. You can also do this on enemies that have shields and barriers, but it will not work on armor or health.

- I like to take Radius on Incinerate to hit multiple targets at once; you won't miss out on much damage if you go with it.

- If you have some Incendiary Rounds, try using them with the SE. This allows you to produce fire explosions on every target.

- Decoy is particularly effective against Geth and Cerberus forces. Whole groups of Phantoms and Geth Hunters can get hung up by a single decoy, so keep this in mind. It's an extremely useful source of crowd control, even with 3 points.

- Since you just started the MP, I'm assuming you don't have a lot of weapons, but the Mattock and Tempest are both viable Uncommon weapons on him. The Talon, Hurricane, and Lancer are all pretty good UR's if you've managed to unlock them.

Trust him. I agree with everything he said.

Also, I'd like to add that Energy Drain specced for radius is really useful against geth, since you can get shields from all of the affected targets, stun them and be almost sure it will refill at least more than 50% of your shields (average amount it always gives to me).
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#5Lief_of_Del(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:23:31 PM
Sweet, thanks.
---
Let no bad happen.