Question about the last scene of Kai Leng. (Spoilers)

#1BaybeePosted 4/21/2013 1:46:52 PM
This should only be a spoiler for the half dozen people who have not yet finished the game and intend to.

The last scene with Kai Leng where after he is defeated and is coming up behind sheapard. Right as the sword is raised the Renegade option pops up and both playthroughs I have done (Both times paragon, different romance options. I'm a good guy at heart) I have hit the renegade option because it looks as if you don't you're dead. I'm assuming something else happens such as your squad member killing him. Non of this would be as cool as doing it yourself and saying the one liner her says after he impales him with his omni-blade. I'm just curious as to what actually happens with not hitting the right trigger.
#2ozzyman314Posted 4/21/2013 1:48:13 PM
He just smashes the keyboard and then you impale him.

No nearly as awesome as the renegade interrupt.
---
Loading Signature..........
#3Jabroni2000Posted 4/21/2013 1:49:55 PM
Yeah you impale him either way, in Renegade you break his sword and impale him, otherwise you dodge it, it gets stuck in the keyboard and then you impale him.
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#4Baybee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 1:50:26 PM
Soooo the non renegade scene is a MASTER assassin missing a target he is 1 foot away from with his weapon of choice?... I'm glad that out of the only renegade option I picked in this game this was the one. Plus him smashing his sword in half with his elbow was badass as well
#5JedisenseiPosted 4/21/2013 2:25:30 PM
Baybee posted...
Soooo the non renegade scene is a MASTER assassin missing a target he is 1 foot away from with his weapon of choice?... I'm glad that out of the only renegade option I picked in this game this was the one. Plus him smashing his sword in half with his elbow was badass as well

Kai Leng *is* facing Commander Shepard and *is* about dead, so I can accept.....

but the renegade option is too delicious to pass-up. Every time.

Especially after that ***** of a fight...
#6NafzgerPosted 4/21/2013 3:01:54 PM
Kai Leng isn't a master assassin. Remember, a terminally ill drell kept him from reaching his target
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#7SamuriChameleonPosted 4/21/2013 11:32:27 PM
Baybee posted...

Those of you that read the books would know that his weapon of choice isn't actually a sword. Bioware forces him to use one in the game though. So yeah. Maybe if they weren't trying to cater to anime fans, that scene would have come out different.
---
"Meaning is subjective and therefore meaningless."
#8Mr_arizonaPosted 4/21/2013 11:43:00 PM
SamuriChameleon posted...
Baybee posted...

Those of you that read the books would know that his weapon of choice isn't actually a sword. Bioware forces him to use one in the game though. So yeah. Maybe if they weren't trying to cater to anime fans, that scene would have come out different.

The early books had him as a potentially great villain like Saren yet when the last book came out and ME3 he turned into Power Rangers villain.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://zorcorner.webs.com/1242909212_sexy_girl_vs_yoga_ball.gif
#9Trigger_MonkeyPosted 4/22/2013 2:44:48 AM
Nafzger posted...
Kai Leng isn't a master assassin. Remember, a terminally ill drell kept him from reaching his target

---
Solaire of Astora for Playstation Allstars.
Official Gregor of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Message Boards.
#10Lief_of_DelPosted 4/22/2013 4:01:21 AM
As a HUGE anime and manga fan (especially One Piece) I see Kai Leng as a horribly done character. I tried really hard to ignore all his scenes. I was almost able to just deal with him and not let it drag my feelings about the game down, but then I got a stupid message from him basically gloating about killing my friend.

At that point I could no longer ignore how badly the ****** up. I couldn't stand how pathetic his character was and how overly done and lazy his scenes were. Even him never talking would have improved his character. I also don't understand why that was a renegade option.
---
Let no bad happen.