Keep getting kicked out of games due to being low level.

#11bman52480Posted 4/23/2013 1:12:12 PM
There should be no reason to kick ANYONE from bronze matches, and usually not silver. Put most will kick a player from platinum if they either dont use consumables or are a very low level.

Platinum is generally tough enough for most people that it either takes way too long to carry a poor team or is just not possible based on whatever class you are using.

I have soloed platinum before, with a couple of very specific builds but it took me almost 90 minutes (yes slow). Most people don't want to risk a crazy long match like that and it's why they kick from higher difficulties.
---
We don't have TIME for this! The Pasteur's core is going to breach!
#12TheSocialBunnyPosted 4/23/2013 2:22:06 PM(edited)
Funny how the game defaults players to random difficulty, but it brings an awful lot of new players to what usually amounts to a train wreck of a first experience.

Be sure to always check the difficulty on the upper right of the lobby screen... sometimes hosts like to pull a switcharoo on Bronze players and switch to Platinum just for the lulz ^_~.

Strategic kicking really only happens on the Gold and Platinum level though, you'd actually have to pretty much do absolutely nothing or scream at people non-stop for an entire match to get kicked out by the majority on Bronze and Silver.

On Gold and Platinum though, my personal player check goes something like this:

1. A reasonably high N7 OR Challenge Point score. I tend to care more about Challenge Points than N7 score though, as some players never promote and stay eternally at N7 120 for practical reasons. A spiffy banner also helps, although the only ones I really put stock in are Operator, Lone Wolf and of course, BotB as they basically mark a players as being at least Gold certified.

2. How high is your character level? I'd prefer 20, but anything above 15 is cool. This matters a lot more if you're a power based class, that being said, below that and you better have...

3. Good weapons (Having an Ultra-Rare like a Hurricane X or a Harrier X is instant respect) or/and are pitching in with bonus consumables so that we know you're invested in the team instead of pulling a Dine & Dash.

All the above being said, I've only ever actually kicked one person before. Normally, I just politely leave the lobby if I see a strong sign that my squad will be taking a hike up suicide mountain.
#13DC_Trog90Posted 4/23/2013 4:34:46 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
I have TGI + Harrier X and I never get kicked out of Platinum, even at level 1.

---
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!
#14Halo_ForeverPosted 4/23/2013 9:38:01 PM(edited)
OllyKiriyama posted...
I'm only level 8 and higher ranked players keep kicking me because I'm so low. Is this representative of a lot of the community, or are there decent players out there? I literally started this game earlier today.

As the other players have said check the difficulty of the lobby, if it is set to platinum or gold, it is probably way too hard for the beginning gear and you won't have much fun. Sadly because of the won't have fun part, people also suspect that you may quit on them, which leaves them one hand short.

There should still be plenty of Bronze and Silver matches to go, you can comfortably play there until you get a few better weapons (Reegar Carbine, Piranha, Widow, etc.)
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#15DregnusPosted 4/29/2013 9:17:29 AM
OllyKiriyama posted...
I'm only level 8 and higher ranked players keep kicking me because I'm so low. Is this representative of a lot of the community, or are there decent players out there? I literally started this game earlier today.

Also be sure that you have all FIVE downloadable content packs. I took about a 6 month from the game and recently came back, and had a lot of difficulty finding games. Turns out one of my packs was not properly installed so I couldn't find any players.

With all 5 packs installed you should have no issue finding games on Bronze.
#16Rogue MuttPosted 4/29/2013 11:04:08 AM
TheSocialBunny posted...

On Gold and Platinum though, my personal player check goes something like this:

1. A reasonably high N7 OR Challenge Point score. I tend to care more about Challenge Points than N7 score though, as some players never promote and stay eternally at N7 120 for practical reasons. A spiffy banner also helps, although the only ones I really put stock in are Operator, Lone Wolf and of course, BotB as they basically mark a players as being at least Gold certified.

I'd add Nomad to that, definitely above Operator and probably even above Lone Wolf. You are going to come out of 2,000 odd Gold waves a better player even if you try not to, plus you get the benefit of all that map knowledge. Otherwise, your rules seem fair.

I've never voted to kick, but I opt out of lobbies fairly frequently when it looks like people just want to be carried. But, never on anything below Gold; If you have a character and a gun equipped, I'll go into Silver with you.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#17AU1Posted 4/29/2013 1:46:04 PM
TC, I would not mind playing a game with you anytime that I am on. I don't talk much, but will answer just about any question.

GT: SirEman80
---
Game FAQs message board account... Free (I think?!)
Seeing the face of 30 9th graders after the teacher says 'epic fail' in math class... priceless
#18creatur0fhabitPosted 4/30/2013 8:19:08 AM
YamatoBeats posted...

Why aren't you just awesome...
---
I have been wrong before...
#19manbearpig654Posted 4/30/2013 8:49:12 AM
I'd offer to help but I think I have yet to play with the last 2 or three people I said I would. lol.
---
Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
#20NefhithPosted 4/30/2013 9:00:48 AM
creatur0fhabit posted...
YamatoBeats posted...

Why aren't you just awesome...

I play platinum with a level 1 volus an never get kicked.

And I'm not kidding. My weapon is often the acolyte or collector SMG.