Have you forgiven Bioware enough to but the next mass effect?

#1pcmike2Posted 4/23/2013 8:34:33 PM
Have you forgiven Bioware enough to but the next mass effect? - Results (589 votes)
Yes I'll buy it
45.16% (266 votes)
No, they're still lazy jerks
27.84% (164 votes)
I'm indifferent
26.99% (159 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I haven't. I enjoyed the citadel dlc, but the ending is still absurd. The extended cut also insults my intelligence with the whole pause during the beam run and slideshow.

I think citadel dlc was my final goodbye to my shepard and characters, and the universe as well.

I also can't imagine playing a mass effect game without my shepard. Like the avatar cartoon tv on nickelodeon: both the last airbender and korra are good shows, but the character development and relations for korra is nowhere near as tight as the last airbender.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2SUPER_DISPosted 4/23/2013 8:41:13 PM
screw them. I just popped in mass effect 3 for the first time since launch, and it's giving me 'checking for dlc' and nothing but. I don't even have any dlc, EA is a joke, totally drove BioWare into the ground.
---
[stoned green on psychedelics]
#3SageOfLifePosted 4/23/2013 8:43:00 PM
I wouldn't say I've totally forgiven them, but the Extended Cut and the three post-release story DLCs were all enjoyable enough that I'm willing to give them another chance. Just the same, EVERYTHING they say will be taken with a large grain of salt.
---
There's no box! There never was!
#4sheepman23Posted 4/23/2013 9:00:43 PM(edited)
Of course I'll buy it. I think it's really silly to hold such a huge grudge over an unsatisfactory ending, especially when Bioware did a lot to compensate for the negative fanbase reaction. They gave us the Extended Cut, Leviathan for additional context to the ending, Citadel to allow us to reconnect with old friends, and even five free multiplayer DLC's.

Granted, all of these things were basically putting a band-aid on a wound, but atleast they actually tried to do something about it.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#5TheM00dPosted 4/23/2013 8:52:50 PM
While Citadel was a lot of fun, I don't trust them with their own universe anymore.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
#6JetblackmoonPosted 4/23/2013 8:59:23 PM
I was never that mad to begin with. The ending was pretty weak, and your choices in the end don't really matter, but I didn't let that ruin all the fun I had with the series.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#73PiesAndAForkPosted 4/23/2013 9:15:45 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here, and will probably get torn apart for it, but here it goes:

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT WANT TO START ANOTHER DEBATE; THIS IS MY OPINION

There really isn't anything to forgive. Bioware told their story how they wanted. Was I disappointed with the lack of closure? Yes. They wanted to make the future of the universe open to interpretation, but ended up not giving enough closure even for an intended open-ended ending. The EC fixed that, and I applaud them for correcting a mistake. Even without that though, I still think this was an amazing series and do not think there is anything to forgive. Now whether Casey Hudson locked himself in a room and wrote the ending himself, I don't know. If that is what happened, then that needs to change because best work usually results from collaboration.

Now another problem people had was the lack of impact your choices made. This was the bigger problem for sure, and their fault lies in the way they marketed it saying your decisions will affect the story in a major way. Realistically it was unreasonable to have expected that since there are so many variables to account for. The time it would have taken to incorporate it all is huge, and even without EA breathing down their necks it probably would not have happened in any significant way.

There are also the technical limitations of current gen consoles to consider. If you think the loading times are ridiculously long now imagine if it had to look at your past decisions and try to fit the correct outcome to each level. Not to mention on the 360 it's already on two disks. They will almost certainly have to have had at least one more if they were to fit all the decisions made and have different outcomes.

I'm in no way condoning the lies they told, but merely pointing out that realistically it was not a feasible endeavor.

Now that they have new toys to work with, there is a far better chance of their next series of games being far more immersive and giving weight to your choices. Hopefully they will have the time to make it the masterpiece we all crave.

TL;DR version: There is none, go back and read please.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#8NmbrlockPosted 4/23/2013 9:21:43 PM
It ultimately depends on what they do with the next game. But I admit to liking the mass effect universe that I would buy it even if my choices ultimately didn't matter.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZHmYwRs.jpg
#9Mr_arizonaPosted 4/23/2013 9:22:25 PM
SageOfLife posted...
I wouldn't say I've totally forgiven them, but the Extended Cut and the three post-release story DLCs were all enjoyable enough that I'm willing to give them another chance. Just the same, EVERYTHING they say will be taken with a large grain of salt.

Aside from the ending and all the lying pre launch ME3 was actually a great game from start to fin... to Cronos Station.

This picture sums up the lies told just a few weeks before launch.
http://www.thumbactive.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/abc.png

If they stuck to a simple structure to their story and don't try to do a twist or OMG ending on us they'd be alright.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://zorcorner.webs.com/1242909212_sexy_girl_vs_yoga_ball.gif
#10pfh1001Posted 4/23/2013 9:41:42 PM
Not only will I not buy ME4, but at this point, all Bioware games are on my no purchase list. The same company also blew it with Dragon Age 2 & not Kotor 3. At best, any Bioware game will be a wait for price drop & only with full criticism from sources that don't rate everything from 8-10.