ONE inferno grenade will kill any boss on ANY difficulty

#31NefhithPosted 4/28/2013 2:19:27 PM
It works.

Went to gold, reapers and giant. Chose the batarian soldier and left a brute alive, threw a grenade at it, waited until he stopped getting hurt and then used my level VII reegar with incendiary 3 ammo. I barely scratched half his armor.

The second attempt was throwing a grenade and immediately discharged a mag of reegar rage. Until up to the first 10 bullets it did "poor" damage, but it scaled crazily, and when I emptied the whole clip, the brute had about 3 armor bars, which got burned in less than 2 seconds.

The third test was throwing a grenade at another brute and only using about 50% of the reegar's clip. The brute didn't take much damage, but I clearly could see how he got a bunch of damage after I stopped shooting.

What I found most interesting was the room-cleaning you can do with it. Just throw a grenade at these 3 brutes, 2 ravagers and god-knows-how-many-more-enemies, start shooting the reegar and swinging it horizontally (as if you were trying to pee and were drunk) until you left the clip empty, run away and if after about 3 seconds there was something still alive, it probably was a banshee (they could survive thanks to their barrier) or a brute with only one armor bar left.
#32i5tioneyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 6:57:58 PM
Nefhith posted...
It works.

Went to gold, reapers and giant. Chose the batarian soldier and left a brute alive, threw a grenade at it, waited until he stopped getting hurt and then used my level VII reegar with incendiary 3 ammo. I barely scratched half his armor.

The second attempt was throwing a grenade and immediately discharged a mag of reegar rage. Until up to the first 10 bullets it did "poor" damage, but it scaled crazily, and when I emptied the whole clip, the brute had about 3 armor bars, which got burned in less than 2 seconds.

The third test was throwing a grenade at another brute and only using about 50% of the reegar's clip. The brute didn't take much damage, but I clearly could see how he got a bunch of damage after I stopped shooting.

What I found most interesting was the room-cleaning you can do with it. Just throw a grenade at these 3 brutes, 2 ravagers and god-knows-how-many-more-enemies, start shooting the reegar and swinging it horizontally (as if you were trying to pee and were drunk) until you left the clip empty, run away and if after about 3 seconds there was something still alive, it probably was a banshee (they could survive thanks to their barrier) or a brute with only one armor bar left.

yes. works better with incendiary IV and inferno grenades maxed for damage (also reegar x) but yeah. i forgot to mention the horizontal swinging but that is also a very good way to clear rooms. good job nefhith