Anybody had invisible players on their team?

#1drumble89Posted 4/29/2013 6:28:41 AM
Just played a silver match against Collectors and 2 of my team were completely invisible to me.

Didn't realise this at first as I dropped into the match at wave 2 and saw another player. I assumed it was just the 2 of us. But then I started to think that this match is going a bit too easy.

Then retrieval objectives were being completed without either or us touching the object. I was getting assists on enemies that clearly on I was fighting. The invisible players were dying and I had no way to revive them as I had no idea where they were, or which one in fact was dying (their scores were not appearing in the bottom right).
---
Shut up! You don't know nothin'.........'bout anythin' :3
GT: diabolus89
#2kelevra711Posted 4/29/2013 6:47:06 AM
I've had this happen a few times, once I had 3 invisible team mates. I never know whether to feel bad about not reviving though as I have no idea if they know I'm there :(
---
Life is ours... We live it our way
#3overkill_78Posted 4/29/2013 6:52:26 AM
Yeah, it's happened more times than I'd like.

Fun fact: You don't get the XP your invisible teammates earn.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#4edgecrusher02Posted 4/29/2013 7:19:04 AM
yes, several times. usually the enemies are invisible too... but can still hurt me. one time when this happened i just decided to run laps around the palaven map to see if i could prevent myself from going down. i still went down a few times but was revived by... someone. i actually managed to extract too. in the lobby... no one said a thing about it either. weird.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed. no gods, no kings... only man.
#5Lord of NightmaresPosted 4/29/2013 7:23:27 AM
I've often encountered a glitch which causes Shadows to become invisible, with the exception of their sword hovering in mid-air, whether it be myself or team mates.

Also once had an invisible Krogan (can't remember which class) on my team during a Firebase White match. At first I thought he'd gotten disconnected or ragequit, but he was actually pitching in and killing enemies and helping to complete objectives although none of us could see him, and ended up getting the second highest score.

All of this is still far more preferable to invisible Banshees though.
#6gunholePosted 4/29/2013 7:25:05 AM
had a match yesterday where one person's body was on the ground with a revive symbol above them, but they were actually getting kills and doing the objective.

then I guess they died again, and when they got revived the character appeared but it was 6ft in the air. got KO'd following him around LMAO...
---
[redX] [redX]
#7Rogue MuttPosted 4/29/2013 7:49:49 AM
Had one this morning. A Talon Engineer joined on wave 2 I think, and all I could see was his omni-tool.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#8Hui_TianPosted 4/29/2013 8:07:54 AM
ya know whats worse than invisible teammates? invisible bad-guys!!!

There's nothing worse than getting stun locked by an invisible Geth Prime and NOT knowing whats going on!
#93PiesAndAForkPosted 4/29/2013 9:50:58 AM
Yep, I've had a couple games where my team was invisible to me. I don't think I was invisible since I was still able to be revived.

Did you guys ever get the glitch where the timer never shows up for objectives or extraction? The objective ones I can deal with, but no timer on extraction is just real annoying, and I don't have a clock in the room my PS3 is in. It happens quite often when I'm dropped into an ongoing match.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#10DuneManPosted 4/29/2013 10:29:11 AM
One of the many glitches in this game I've encountered while playing...

And yeah, while they are invisible to you, chances are they can see you. It just sucks if they get downed because for all you know you're standing on their body and not rezzing them. -_-

I'll gladly take it over having your credits vanish after a match though. That's one of the crappiest glitches, since you have absolutely nothing to show for the match at that point. Right up there are the random disconnects from matches too, which are especially aggravating when they occur on extraction waves.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao