Sentinel Insanity playthrough (some spoilers)

#1LordTrinenPosted 4/29/2013 10:10:05 AM
I'm thinking of finally starting my long-dreaded Insanity playthrough of the trilogy to get the achievements. I'm going to pick the Sentinel class because of all the extra defensive powers and bonuses you get. I'll need that to keep me alive. I have a few questions first.

ME1
-Which bonus power would you recommend?

ME2
-Which bonus weapon would you recommend I pick up on the Collector ship?
-Armor is the most common type of defense for enemies on Insanity, correct? I'm thinking of taking Armor-Piercing Ammo as my bonus power.

ME3
-In ME3 I plan to use powers like Overload and Warp to strip defenses and then finish enemies off with weapons. What loadout would you recommend for a good mix of power cooldown and weapon damage?

Any additional tips and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
#2Urdnot_RuntPosted 4/29/2013 11:03:01 AM(edited)
LordTrinen posted...
ME1
-Which bonus power would you recommend?

no idea

LordTrinen posted...
ME2
-Which bonus weapon would you recommend I pick up on the Collector ship?
-Armor is the most common type of defense for enemies on Insanity, correct? I'm thinking of taking Armor-Piercing Ammo as my bonus power.

I would take assault rifles or shotties, depends on your playstyle. Shotties if you want to play high risk and charge in, rifles if you want to be more medium range. The mattock is great, so is the geth plasma shotgun.

LordTrinen posted...
ME3
-In ME3 I plan to use powers like Overload and Warp to strip defenses and then finish enemies off with weapons. What loadout would you recommend for a good mix of power cooldown and weapon damage?

I like the Mattock & Carnifex both with high velocity barrell and piercing mod. I like warp or incendiary for a bonus power. There are so many possibilities though.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#3woodymPosted 4/29/2013 11:55:59 AM
For ME1, if you want to be more defensive but with great offence then play as soldier or infiltrator in ME1, invest points into getting max immunity and you make ME1 insanity into a joke albeit tedious. Bonus power anything you want.

But if your adamant about sentinel then singularity is one of the more better options for a bonus power

For Mass effect 2, I would recommend Assault rifle training or Sniper rifle training for the Viper, but as mentioned pick one more suitable for your playstyle. As for bonus power then that depends on what powers you want maxed. I prefer to use reave so I do not have to waste points on throw just to get to warp. Taking an ammo power is good but remember squad mates can give you access to their ammo powers so you can have more freedom with your own powers. You can always switch up powers depending on the mission at hand.

I felt like I saw more Shields as the more common enemy defense but armor not too far behind, barriers on collector missions and the odd mission here and there.

For Mass Effect 3, well that all comes down to preference, many options to use depending on your own playstyle. Just learn biotic/tech explosions and you will make the insanity easier for you..
---
Aye Aye.
#4dsky9000Posted 4/29/2013 11:56:14 AM
I suggest geth shield boost as the bonus power or barrier.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#5ArkJJPosted 4/29/2013 12:39:20 PM
In ME1 the most useful bonus power for a Sentinel is probably Singularity.

In ME2, Sentinels seem to have good synergy with shotguns. AP ammo or Stasis would be the most useful for an Insanity playthrough.

ME3, Lancer and Harrier do heavy damage while having keeping low cooldowns. The Venom is awesome in SP as well. If you don't have the DLC, I'd say Wraith, Carnifex, or Arc Pistol.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary, its the stupid ones that need the advice.
#6LootmanPosted 4/29/2013 1:16:10 PM
This is how I went:
This run was when the game was just out, not revisited till now, so some changes might be needed.

I always used Javik and Liara.
Weapons:
Javik- Primary:Particle Rifle (Peircing Mod, Extended Barrel)
Secondary: M-6 Carnifex (High-Caliber Barrel, Piercing Mod).
Swap Carnifex to Arc Pistol when you can.

Liara- Primary: M-9 Tempest (High Caliber Barrel, SMG Scope).
Secondary: M-6 Carnifex (High-Caliber Barrel, Piercing Mod).
Swap Carnifex to Arc Pistol when you can.

Shepard- Particle Rifle (Peircing Mod, Extended Barrel).

The latest save I could find was at level 54. This seems to be my first run, although no idea how I was 54.
Abilities: Ill set out these so the first option is 1, second option is 2, the first three are always "1".
Javik:
Dark Channel: 111111
Lift Grenade: 11111 (didn't take final evolution yet)
Pull: 11111
Slam: Didn't take.
Vengeful Ancient: 111122

Liara:
Singularity: 111112
Stasis: 11121 (would chose 1 for final evolution, didn't take yet).
Warp Ammo: 111221
Warp: Didn't take.
Pure Biotic: 111211

Tips: Keep Javik's DoT on at all times (dark channel), go into this first.
Liara's Warp Ammo at 50% effectiveness is your squad's ammo.
For Liara go into Singularity then Warp Ammo then the other two.
I chose Passover after I chose what I said to pick first above.
---
Been on here since 2006, survived two account bans and one ban that was across all accounts that I thought was permanent. I just did.
\(._.)/
#7LootmanPosted 4/29/2013 1:17:12 PM
That's meant to say "passives" not Passover, that's auto correct because I'm typing this on an iPod.
---
Been on here since 2006, survived two account bans and one ban that was across all accounts that I thought was permanent. I just did.
\(._.)/
#8dsky9000Posted 4/29/2013 3:55:16 PM
ArkJJ posted...

In ME2, Sentinels seem to have good synergy with shotguns. AP ammo or Stasis would be the most useful for an Insanity playthrough.

ME3, Lancer and Harrier do heavy damage while having keeping low cooldowns. The Venom is awesome in SP as well. If you don't have the DLC, I'd say Wraith, Carnifex, or Arc Pistol.

Statsis is glitched in ME2 badly it just freezes them for a few seconds but you can't damage people in it to save your life.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#9DethuliPosted 4/29/2013 7:09:59 PM
In ME2, you gain a huge damage boost against the affected enemy for 2-3 seconds after Stasis wears off. Like, watch me one-shot this Scion damage boost.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#10XgArrancarPosted 4/29/2013 7:54:23 PM(edited)
dsky9000 posted...
ArkJJ posted...

Statsis is glitched in ME2 badly it just freezes them for a few seconds but you can't damage people in it to save your life.

Stasis isn't glitched, you're not supposed to shoot them while they're in stasis you shoot them as soon as they come out of it. You could pretty much one-shot Ymir mechs(even on insanity) with a shotgun if you shot them early enough.
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"