EA's response to being voted worst company

#11Deadmeat20Posted 4/30/2013 8:11:56 PM
EA may be the worst video game company, but they are nowhere near being the worst company of all time, even if you limit the search to just American companies.
---
GT: Bloodredtyrant
I brainstorm with my multiple personalities.
#12edgecrusher02Posted 4/30/2013 8:13:48 PM
i agree that EA winning over some of the examples listed is pretty ridiculous. but... the fact that they did win still speaks for what people think of them regardless. like someone said though, first world problems.
---
religion is flawed because man is flawed. no gods, no kings... only man.
#13Rafficus_IIIPosted 4/30/2013 8:28:05 PM
I laughed too hard when reading this. Granted, EA has had several missteps and can be real tools to the customers/their own workers, there are much, much, much worse companies in the world. People really need to double check their definitions of "evil" and "worst".
---
GT: BigRaff87 | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#14i5tioneyesPosted 4/30/2013 8:33:05 PM
Nafzger posted...
EA winning that poll two years in a row defines first world problems.

well said
#15imthestuntmanPosted 4/30/2013 9:00:11 PM
The real response i actually agree with. My only real issues are more concerns fir the future. I am concerned they will go too far with micro-transactions in a retail title. I support them in free ones though because they in great part pay for the game. I also worry that always on internet will become standard in games that do not need it. Obviously games where you connect with others where playing offline and abusing glitches could give an unfair advantage, but if my ncaa football game or sims 3 needs it (these do not interact with others in any real way, outside of the football games multiplayer mode) then that is a problem. It is a delicate balance on thee things, but if they do not go too far with it then i will continue to buy their products. I will say though that i do look closer into ea ames than other companies before making a purchase.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/30/2013 9:43:01 PM
woah. Whoever this Peter Moore is must have been throwing one huge tantrum. I could practically taste his malice.... I sympathize with the Bank of America thing but the groundwater and oil things were accidents. Everything that EA is hated for was done by them on purpose. Honestly it's like an angry 15 yr old wrote that it doesn't exactly make them look any better by releasing that response...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#17SpankyMagooPosted 4/30/2013 11:32:18 PM
EA the worst corporation in the world? Not by a long shot (Oil, Big Pharma, and the War Profiteers like Halliburton and Blackwater int.) are certainly worse but they deal in wrath of god like money (as in if you threaten their money you will mysteriously disappear) and every day consumers couldn't make a dent in them. EA on the other hand, if they get enough bad press and enough people stop letting themselves get nickel and dimed, they might be forced to change their business practices to maintain a high profit margin.

That's just my two cents though.
---
GT: Spanky Magoo
"People who are offended by hypothetical situations can hypothetically **** themselves"
#18metroidman92Posted 5/1/2013 12:14:46 AM
MasterVash posted...
While I'm not going to get into the whole EA vs. Bank of America thing, this is relevant to EA being voted Worst Company in the US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

It takes a bit to get to the part about EA, but the whole video is worth watching.

Eh, given how they've handled their whole issue with Smudboy, they've lost all credibility with me. Shame, too I kinda liked their IT vids.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#19MegaTape13Posted 5/1/2013 12:57:57 AM
MasterVash posted...
While I'm not going to get into the whole EA vs. Bank of America thing, this is relevant to EA being voted Worst Company in the US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

It takes a bit to get to the part about EA, but the whole video is worth watching.

That video easily could have been half as long without sacrificing any content...
Still good though.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#20AoENIACPosted 5/1/2013 1:10:33 AM
I think it's funny how they already had a statement prepared before it was even announced that they won, ready to release as soon as the news, which they were expecting, was broken.

How do I feel about the whole thing?

I think it's good that they won. Because the other companies don't give a **** about this poll whereas EA actually responds to this stuff. Also, the sheer amount of angst that occurred on gaming journalism sites (and what a joke THOSE are, right?) talking about how EA did not deserve to win actually generated a bit of publicity for the whole thing that spread beyond gaming journalism and into mainstream media, which turned out to be a GREAT thing to happen because it brought to a lot of people's attention the fact that there are companies that they depended on for a lot of things in their day to day that were being voted on for worst companies in America. The fact that EA won and everybody starts tooting their horn about how the other companies were much worse... well I think that it's good that EA won anyway because it made some people so upset and vocal about it that even more people took notice of ALL the companies involved.

Also, if you were to apply EA's policies of essentially actively hating your consumer to any other company, those companies would get even worse, I'm sure.

Also, is it just me or did EA's response basically just say "hey, at least we're not Halliburton or Bank of America, right?" Because that doesn't seem like the message you'd want to broadcast.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.