multiplayer item pack tips?

#11CrusnikCainPosted 4/30/2013 3:06:53 PM
no you can't trade/give items in MP
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#12deathscythe257Posted 4/30/2013 3:07:44 PM
Very simple, buy recruit packs max out commons, then buy veteran/spectre packs to max out the uncommons...

Buy premium spectre the rest of the game... Arsenal or reserve if you need kits/weapons specifically... I just buy PSP because I don't get if I need kits or weapons...
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#13NefhithPosted 4/30/2013 3:13:05 PM
protomahn posted...
Nefhith posted...
protomahn posted...
Thanks for the tips. So the recommended optimized route would be to keep buying recruit packs until I reach level 10 for all the common gear, then veteran for uncommons until level 10 and then PSPs?

That sounds like quite a RNG grind..!

It is. You don't know what are you getting into.

Edit: My gamertag is Nefhith, if you want something

You can give/trade items? I didn't think that was possible? I still need to finish single player (lol, I'm not even halfway done) but I can already feel multiplayer sinking in its teeth.

And I thought BF3 unlocks were a grind, this sounds even more hardcore.

also, I tend to feel that those one-time use consumables feel like such a waste since it only lasts for one mission, but I guess I have to get out of that mentality for this specifically.

No no no! sorry for confusing you!

I meant about helping you to complete games or teach you something. I'm really sorry! >x<U
#14protomahn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 3:21:26 PM
lol don't worry about it. Yeah I'm experiencing the Mass Effect universe really late as I've just finished ME1 and 2 within the last couple of months and just starting 3. Multiplayer feels really deep as I hardly know what most people are talking about. I'm only playing on bronze with people until I can solo it myself before even thinking about trying silver. It feels really pathetic though that I can't even beat bronze alone. I guess I'll just have to keep farming for better gear. X_x
---
http://i.imgur.com/Igqiz.gif
#15ArchMageSynokPosted 4/30/2013 3:22:47 PM
those one use items makes all the difference in the world, dropping level 3-4 items down to one make some guns from one shotting most enemies on gold down taking two shots on silver.

and yes it is a huge grind, but a fun one, probably a good 300hrs just to max rares and below, I'm at 630hrs and still have quite a few ultrarares to max out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#16NefhithPosted 4/30/2013 3:30:48 PM
protomahn posted...
lol don't worry about it. Yeah I'm experiencing the Mass Effect universe really late as I've just finished ME1 and 2 within the last couple of months and just starting 3. Multiplayer feels really deep as I hardly know what most people are talking about. I'm only playing on bronze with people until I can solo it myself before even thinking about trying silver. It feels really pathetic though that I can't even beat bronze alone. I guess I'll just have to keep farming for better gear. X_x

I wouldn't worry that much about it.

Look at my manifest: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Nefhith&platform=xbox

220 hours of gameplay, 640 games, 1200 N7 rating and I can still get killed while doing bronze solos and have trouble with silver solos. Just have fun with the game and do as you would in halo or any other kind of shooter; play higher difficulties when you feel you can against them, not grinding to be able to beat them to death. The world doesn't end because you try to play on silver sometimes and get killed in the process.
#178bitPunkPosted 4/30/2013 4:51:04 PM
protomahn posted...
I've been reading a lot that in the beginning, you should spend all your credits on veteran packs...

I recommend:
Recruit Packs until you max all 5 of the Common Weapons
Veteran Packs until you max MOST of your Uncommon Weapons and Uncommon Mods
Spectre Packs until you max all of your Uncommon Weapons and Mods (Spectre Packs were a great source of Rare/Uncommon Gear for me!)
Whichever 99k pack floats your boat (YMMV)

Intersperse a few Reserve Packs every now and then when you are bored of playing the classes you own and want new ones.

I found most of my Consumable Capacity Upgrades in Spectre Packs. Also, I wasn't able to max all of my Common Mods until I bought Veteran Packs, so don't stick with Recruit Packs too long.

If you are exclusively buying expensive packs, you will have a lower reserve of Consumables, which will affect your ability to effectively Gold/Platinum later on.

Also, since the gains are RNG-based, learn to love the Uncommon Weapons as many of them are very effective, even in Gold games.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#18RophlecktuinePosted 4/30/2013 5:43:05 PM
protomahn posted...
I've been reading a lot that in the beginning, you should spend all your credits on veteran packs until all the common and uncommon drops are maxed out before even considering the spectre packs. If the PSP guarantees 2 rares, isn't that already better than the veteran pack though? I'm obviously not familiar with multiplayer, and it also sounds like to level up a weapon to level X, it's pretty much random and not time-experience based.

I have unlocked everything in the game. I would ignore the advice on buying your recruit and vet pacs and go straight for premium spectres. Ultra rares are the most difficult thing to unlock in the game, by the time youve unlocked all your ultra rares, you coulved unlocked everything else in the game many times over just buying premiums.

Anyways, thats my opinon.

Also, I would learn gold fast and skip to platinum, using power based kits that are known to be ranked in higher tiers. The default adept is an excellent way of doing this for anyone.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#19RunningFelapos1Posted 4/30/2013 5:43:22 PM
Nacht004 posted...
RunningFelapos1 posted...
I started out mainly getting veteran packs after every two bronze matches, Until felt I had good enough characters/weapons to go into silver. And Then I could get spectre packs in a reasonable amount of time.

You're not missing out on too much by not maxing all the uncommons and commons. There's a couple decent uncommon guns like the mattock, or for beginners, the phaeston. But you could do fine without them.

It's not just weapons though, it's gear too like the Smart Choke V, Extended Clips on multiple weapon types, and Armor Piercing, etc. That stuff makes a huge difference on many weapons. Plus once you max out uncommons you can continuously get level 3 equipment which also makes a big difference in higher level (gold+) play, and your team usefulness.

Oh completely forgot about weapon mods and ammo, those do help.