Nerf the Javelin!

#1ArchMageSynokPosted 4/30/2013 3:31:27 PM
Just kidding, I don't believe in nerfing co-op games (with a few exceptions). But man that gun is crazy powerful, I used it back when I had it at level 2 and thought it was OK. But now it's at X so I thought I'd give it another chance, put it on a GI (without hunter mode), and I was killing Primes on gold in 3 shots. I still prefer the Black Widow for my play-style but this will now be in my regular rotation. What are your favorite snipers?
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 4/30/2013 3:33:24 PM
Sniping in this game is bad.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3NefhithPosted 4/30/2013 3:35:11 PM(edited)
Scoped Blood Pack Punisher.

Mr_Pipboy posted...
Sniping in this game is bad.

Says the guy who could kill a reaper dreadnought with his salarian infiltrator with the black widow.
#4MasterVashPosted 4/30/2013 3:34:59 PM
Wraith.
---
Two thousand years of progress and technology so that we can scream obscenities into a small plastic microphone.
#5code_kirinPosted 4/30/2013 3:36:55 PM
I like one-shotting Ravagers with it on the GI, but killing small stuff with Javelin GI is such a pain.
#6FullMetalManiaPosted 4/30/2013 3:38:37 PM
I like the Javelin. It's not terribly easy to use, but hey, stupid-high damage.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#7perfect_generalPosted 4/30/2013 3:44:18 PM
I prefer the Valiant above all the other snipers. Scoped Saber is also pretty good. The Kishock is my favorite one shot sniper.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#8sheepman23Posted 4/30/2013 3:45:42 PM
code_kirin posted...
I like one-shotting Ravagers with it on the GI, but killing small stuff with Javelin GI is such a pain.

That's my main problem with the Javelin. Sure, it's incredible against bosses, but there's not as much room for error on smaller enemies, and if you miss, you endure a long reload speed and a wasted shot. Things like the Black Widow and Valiant are better for dispatching mooks.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#9i5tioneyesPosted 4/30/2013 4:01:05 PM
the big question i have is how good would pre-nerf geth infiltrator be with todays javelin?
#10CaptainDerpPosted 4/30/2013 4:04:52 PM
ArchMageSynok posted...
Just kidding, I don't believe in nerfing co-op games (with a few exceptions). But man that gun is crazy powerful, I used it back when I had it at level 2 and thought it was OK. But now it's at X so I thought I'd give it another chance, put it on a GI (without hunter mode), and I was killing Primes on gold in 3 shots. I still prefer the Black Widow for my play-style but this will now be in my regular rotation. What are your favorite snipers?

Lmao gold

Try killing them on Platinum without you dying first

GI is better off using harrier