I want to try platinum. Need tips (regular UUG player here)

#1187mikePosted 4/30/2013 7:33:44 PM
Please do not suggest firebase rio farming.
---
The word "gullible" is not in the dictionary. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!
GT: VAPOURIZER H2O
#2The_404sPosted 4/30/2013 7:36:37 PM
Have you considered firebase rio farming?
#3DividerByZeroPosted 4/30/2013 7:37:53 PM
Don't pug it. Add some people here, and save yourself the trouble. I'll play with you as well (GT is in my sig).

Plat relies on optimizing your build for bosses, since there are fewer mooks. Armor damage evolutions are a must. Ask for advice on builds if you're unsure.

Lastly, consumables. Use them.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Defiance Beta
GT: TG Divider | NP:Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3, Dark Souls
#4RunningFelapos1Posted 4/30/2013 7:38:11 PM
The_404s posted...
Have you considered firebase rio farming?

I hear it's really fun.
#5DividerByZeroPosted 4/30/2013 7:38:44 PM
Or you could farm Rio.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Defiance Beta
GT: TG Divider | NP:Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band 3, Dark Souls
#6Lord of NightmaresPosted 4/30/2013 7:38:59 PM
Play on Firebase Giant with a good team and camp around the starting point, it's a lot less tedious and time-consuming than farming Rio.
#7sheepman23Posted 4/30/2013 7:39:48 PM
When starting out on Platinum, always pick a class that you're comfortable with on Gold. Stick with weapons and builds that you're familiar with and know how to make good use of.

I would generally consider Reapers or Cerberus to be the easiest Platinum factions. As for maps, Giant is a really good one since you can just hold the LZ and draw everything to you. It's a lot faster and a lot more efficient than Rio.

Try to play with friends. I hate Platinum PUG'ing; although you can sometimes find a competent squad (I had a really great one last night), it's a lot easier to have friends you can communicate with.

All of the rest of the advice I could give you is stuff that you should already know from Gold. Honestly, I don't believe that Platinum is really that much different than Gold, it's just simply a few more bosses and some mixed up factions. And the mixed-up factions is actually really helpful for some classes, like kits with Sabotage; even if you don't get Geth or Cerberus as your main faction, you can still count on hackable enemies showing up at some point.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#8NaughtyOctopusPosted 4/30/2013 7:43:26 PM
your **** will be a lot bigger if you don't play giant and camp or play rio
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/30/2013 7:44:46 PM
play rio and don't camp the box
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10gunholePosted 4/30/2013 7:56:52 PM
at first, use gear that will improve your survivability instead of damage (ie. responder load out/scanner/etc.). a damage increase from gear will be negligible (outside of grenade classes), but staying alive or keeping your team alive wont be.

get your feet wet farming giant in a jug-less lobby, or (preferably) with some pros from here...
---
[redX] [redX]