I want to try platinum. Need tips (regular UUG player here)

#118bitPunkPosted 4/30/2013 7:57:34 PM
187mike posted...
Please do not suggest firebase rio farming.

This may sound like I'm herp-derping you, but get your Solo Challenge Award first. Learning to Solo Gold will make you feel like you have gained a level as a player. If you can Solo Gold, you are more than welcome in Platinum.

I haven't played tons of Platinum games, but when I have played with PUGs, I usually roll Easy-Mode classes (Ghost, anyone with a Flamer, Human Adept, Human Engineer, Krogan Vanguard).
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#12i5tioneyesPosted 4/30/2013 8:01:56 PM
if you're comfortable on gold with squishy classes you should be fine on platinum with the higher tier classes. don't get frustrated, be situationally aware, and do a lot of dps or something useful for the team like debuffing, priming, or detonating.

thats basically it to platinum
#13Lord of NightmaresPosted 4/30/2013 8:02:38 PM
With regards to Juggernauts, I actually once played alongside one in a Platinum/Giant/Reaper match who was really, really good. I'm not sure which shotgun he had equipped, but he was dropping Banshees within seconds each time they teleported right up to him, which was a huge surprise to me as I always assumed that they had pretty low damage output.

And yeah, gear is almost a must on Platinum unless you're really, really skilled and/or have a fantastic team to carry you through. More often than not, you'll likely get kicked from a Platinum lobby if you don't have at least some gear (even if it's level I or II) equipped.
#14Mr_PipboyPosted 4/30/2013 8:05:52 PM
Step 1. Friend good player
Step 2. Beat Platinum
Step 3. ????
Step 4. Profit
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#15DividerByZeroPosted 4/30/2013 8:07:27 PM
Now this is making me wanna play Plat. Anyone wanna join me?
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Review: Defiance Beta
GT: TG Divider | NP:Call of Duty: Black Ops, Mass Effect 3, Rock Band 3, Dark Souls
#16Mr_PipboyPosted 4/30/2013 8:12:03 PM
DividerByZero posted...
Now this is making me wanna play Plat. Anyone wanna join me?

I suppose I can do one.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King