Weapon X

#1BlitzBallerJGPosted 5/1/2013 8:10:35 AM
So what are the benefits or reasons for doing a new game+? Is this really the only way to fully upgrade guns? Any other reasons for doing so? I don't really want to playthrough as the same class; can I make it a renegade play?
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 5/1/2013 8:14:00 AM
when you new game + none of the decisions you made during the game have any effect on the second run through. So you can choose a new way to solve most any issue. Including switching from paragon to renegade.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3BlitzBallerJG(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:36:29 AM
But your stuck with the same class and background of course right?

Is the fully upgraded weapon the only reason to play ng+? I already have the achievement for it since I imported
#4Mr_PipboyPosted 5/1/2013 8:50:10 AM
BlitzBallerJG posted...

Is the fully upgraded weapon the only reason to play ng+? I already have the achievement for it since I imported

No, its not the only reason depending on the person. If you don't care about the achievements (or already have them), or don't want to try out an alignment switch, then it might be the only reason you personally have.
---
#5The_404sPosted 5/1/2013 9:10:04 AM
BlitzBallerJG posted...

Yes, you're stuck with the same class and background unfortunately. Not letting you switch your class an annoying feature.

You also keep all of the mods you collected in your first playthrough, so that alone is reason enough for me. Collecting the mods was my least favorite part of the game. Worse than the whole Search and Rescue sidequest. It's the sole reason I'll never start a new game from scratch no matter how much I want to try a new class.
#6sir_fredingtonPosted 5/1/2013 9:38:21 AM
Weapons
Mods
Armors

If playing through the game again with these upgraded and available from the getgo doesn't appeal to you, then new game plus is not for you.
#7Zero BeatPosted 5/1/2013 10:23:20 AM
You gain more power. And as we all know, might controls everything. Without it, you cannot protect anyone. Not even yourself.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>
#8BlitzBallerJG(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:30:28 AM
Well in that case how far into the game can I fully upgrade a weapon, since that is the only reason ATM for me to play ng+
#9Mr_PipboyPosted 5/2/2013 9:35:48 AM
BlitzBallerJG posted...
Well in that case how far into the game can I fully upgrade a weapon, since that is the only reason ATM for me to play ng+

As soon as you have the money.
---
#10The_404sPosted 5/2/2013 10:06:20 AM
BlitzBallerJG posted...

How about keeping your current level and the points you deposited into your powers? All the mods you collected? The armors you bought?