Most difficult faction for Gold/Platinum?

#1YamatoBeatsPosted 5/2/2013 7:34:19 AM
Topic! - Results (96 votes)
Cerberus
2.08% (2 votes)
Reapers
2.08% (2 votes)
Geth
22.92% (22 votes)
Collectors
35.42% (34 votes)
Bad Teammates
37.5% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't know if we've had one of these topics crop up recently and if we did, I don't care!

Explain why they're the worst faction and which waves are particularly bad for you. I know I'm not particularly fond of Wave 2/Geth/Platinum because of triple Prime spam. I think wave 8 Reapers on Gold is also equally terrible. Marauders just don't let up!
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#2perfect_generalPosted 5/2/2013 7:37:54 AM
Collectors on gold.

It would used to be a slam dunk for Collectors on platinum for me but lately, I'm starting to come around that the Geth may be worse because of the cheap stun locking and since their main weakness, no OHK's, is lost once the other faction units start showing up.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#3Halo_ForeverPosted 5/2/2013 7:38:48 AM
Voted for Cerberus, they are the only faction that I wipe against. The Phantoms + Turrets are a nasty one-two punch.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#4terrysmay04Posted 5/2/2013 7:39:55 AM
Collectors: most difficult without cheating

Geth: they make me feel like I got bullied by a bunch of bigger kids at the park

I voted Geth
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#5Nacht004Posted 5/2/2013 7:49:38 AM
Actual faction, Collectors, but honestly the biggest factor is Bad teammates. If you have good team mates that work well with one another and bounce off each other, most games are a breeze. Have a bad PUG though and you're gonna have a bad time. Don't French Fry when you should Pizza.
---
There's really nothing to say.
GT - Pb Farmer
#6NafzgerPosted 5/2/2013 7:53:49 AM(edited)
That's right. God damn geth. I've said it one million times over, but I'll say it again.

They hated Firebase White/Geth farming. So they buffed Geth. They kept buffing them. They kept giving them just a little bit more. They kept weakening powers that worked well against them. They finally made major changes to Firebase White.

They did all of that, and at no point did they think to take out the ******* desk.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#7bloodgod92Posted 5/2/2013 7:59:09 AM
Collectors rape me on every difficulty unless I play as something beefy...

After that it would be Cerberus, goddamn Phantoms and Dragoons working in tandem to take me down.

With Geth and Reapers I have no problem, so long as I am not being attacked by 3-4 rocket troopers/ravagers. They are not particularly hard to kill, they are just a pain as they can easily kill a person from across the map.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP
#8creatur0fhabitPosted 5/2/2013 8:09:56 AM
Do Geth on Jade with disable devices...time to use all your consumables.
---
I have been wrong before...
#9sheepman23Posted 5/2/2013 8:28:28 AM(edited)
Gold: toss-up between Collectors and Geth
Platinum: Geth

On Platinum Collectors, Scions only show up for about three waves towards the beginning, and then they're gone. And aside from Waves 5 and 8, the rest of Collectors Platinum isn't that bad. But Platinum Geth... there are Primes on nearly every wave (which I do consider to be the worst enemy in the game), and lots of waves have Phantoms too.

Waves 7 and 8 of Cerberus Platinum are kind of bad (Wave 7 is made up of the most annoying enemies in the game, and 8 has Primes + Phantoms + Atlases), but the rest of it is generally easier.

Any wave of Reapers Platinum that has Marauders is annoying.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#10bloodgod92Posted 5/2/2013 8:25:04 AM
sheepman23 posted...
Gold: toss-up between Collectors and Geth
Platinum: Geth

On Platinum Collectors, Scions only show up for about three waves towards the beginning, and then they're gone. And aside from Waves 5 and 8, the rest of Collectors Platinum isn't that bad. But Platinum Geth... there are Primes on nearly every wave (which I do consider to be the worst enemy in the game), and lots of waves have Phantoms too.

I have never had an issue with primes... just take advantage of cover and corners. I find Pyros to be much more annoying than primes.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP