Most difficult faction for Gold/Platinum?

#11SRR CapdownPosted 5/2/2013 8:28:19 AM
Collectors on Gold, but it's tied Collectors/Geth for Plat, it just depends on the map.

I voted bad teammates though. They're what make the game especially difficult.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#12Mr_PipboyPosted 5/2/2013 8:30:57 AM
Geth platinum 3 prime wave is the worst wave int he game.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#13ArchMageSynokPosted 5/2/2013 8:43:46 AM
what many have said, Collectors on Gold, Geth on Platinum.

The key to fighting collectors is knowing their strategy, the non bosses zerg rush you while the boss lay down heavy fire. never hold any area for more than a minute, you need to keep moving(because the mooks are very fast and hit hard, this is also how the swarms catch up to you). I think most people have trouble with them because this basically the opposite strategy than the other three factions, which it's easiest to hold one area off as long as possible then only retreat if absolutely necessary. Basically Collectors is where you learn to kite enemies. lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#14sheepman23Posted 5/2/2013 9:54:43 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
I have never had an issue with primes... just take advantage of cover and corners. I find Pyros to be much more annoying than primes.

Do a Platinum Geth match on a map like Hydra or Condor, and you will see why they are the worst.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#15fennell92Posted 5/2/2013 9:58:25 AM
Bad teammates by far. I'd rather have no teammates.
#16bloodgod92Posted 5/2/2013 10:00:47 AM
sheepman23 posted...
bloodgod92 posted...
I have never had an issue with primes... just take advantage of cover and corners. I find Pyros to be much more annoying than primes.

Do a Platinum Geth match on a map like Hydra or Condor, and you will see why they are the worst.

Hydra is my favorite map. I am a sniper and am great at timing both sniper shots and grenade throwing on my demolisher. The map is pretty much built for snipers. Primes would not be an issue for me, it would be anything that can devastate from afar, like a ravager or rocket trooper, perhaps even a few possessed scions. But primes, no problem, they are slow, get staggered by my grenades, and if they do get into a position that would make me vulnerable, I could relocate and still be in a great position to attack them.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP
#17TheHefHugsPosted 5/2/2013 11:14:24 AM
Sadly it's bad teammates by a wide margin. Seriously, over the past three days I haven't seen one good player in a gold PUG.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#18shingo fanPosted 5/2/2013 11:23:24 AM
Gold - Collectors. I ****ing hate those guys.
Platinum - can't say, since I haven't tried it yet (i honestly don't think I'm ready for it)

As for bad teammates, that's always an issue with PUGs. Hell, I'll freely admit to being that guy that needs to be carried because I'm being stupid with a new class (N7 shadow is hard).
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#19gunholePosted 5/2/2013 11:24:22 AM
bad teammates + Cerberus is a really bad combo (dat turret spam). but judging on gold, it would probably be the collectors on the balance of things.

in terms of disdain though, geth >>> all...
---
[redX] [redX]
#20SolidDroidPosted 5/2/2013 11:42:52 AM
SRR Capdown posted...
Collectors on Gold, but it's tied Collectors/Geth for Plat, it just depends on the map.

I voted bad teammates though. They're what make the game especially difficult.

Exactly.
---
Gamertag- DROlD
(I is a L)