Do you have any unpopular opinions regarding the Mass Effect series?
Do you have an opinion regarding anything in the mass effect franchise that most seem to disagree with?
1. Despite needing polishing, I enjoyed both the Mako and the Hammerhead
2. Now that we have the Extended Cut and Leviathan to an extent, I don't mind the ending of ME3
My opinions on Mass Effect in a nutshell: ME1- great, ME2- masterpiece, ME3- great but underrated. The post-extended cut ending is just fine, but a little weak.
I really enjoyed the Omega DLC.
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
i never cared how bad the ending of ME 3 was
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
I always wait for a consensus before forming an opinion...
Love the Mako,
thought ME1 was the best of the series (2&3 felt too video-game-y),
thought the overall story was just average (but it's my favorite series because of the universe/characters/races it created)
I like Jacob as a character (if you played as manshep), god forbid you have regular honest guy on your team with no major mental/personality issues.
Despite everything we were told/shown by Legion in Mass Effect 2 & 3, I still believe that the Geth are Evil and don't deserve to live(at least over the Quarians).
1. I half way enjoyed/accepted ME3's ending.
2. I don't think Mass Effect 1 was the god-tier game it's fanboys (and I mean blind ones, i'm not trying to label EVERYONE here) make it out to be.
3. I can never romance Liara (this is more due to the guy sitting next to me during a lecture looking at some gif. of LIara doing something to Femshep.....fugtrup?) and even then it's more a case of whenever I see her I see....dat image/dat ass/facesitting.
4. I actually preferred Pinnacle Station to Bring Down The Sky (even I have no idea why).
5. I understand the Reaper's (& Leviathan's) motivations clearly and easily (this may be why I didn't dislike the ending) and this is also probably due to me being an Alistair Reynolds fan.
The whole series was a dream or a vision and Shepherd breathing at the end of ME3 was actually him waking up after touching the prothean artifact at the start of ME1, which caused an explosion, left him paralyzed and damaged beyond repair, and now they can restart the series with another protagonist fighting the reapers and another ending, because this one sucked.
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP
Well, let's see. I'll do it by game.
Mass Effect 1:
- I think that Mass Effect 1 has the worst squad.
- I like Ashley (only in ME1).
- I think Tali is overrated (this one applies to the other games as well).
- I think Mass Effect 1 is slightly overrated.
- I think Bring Down the Sky is VERY overrated.
- I think Udina was an interesting character.
- I never really disliked the Council (until "Ah yes, Reapers").
- I think Mass Effect 1's Citadel was worse than both ME2 and ME3's Citadels.
- I don't like the Mako.
- I don't like the Conduit plot twist.
- I like Mass Effect 1's UNC missions, despite the re-used environments.
Mass Effect 2:
- I think Garrus became a worse character in ME2, and is now overrated.
- I don't mind mineral scanning.
- I don't mind Jacob.
- I like the Hammerhead more than the Mako.
- I think Lair of the Shadow Broker is overrated.
- I think Overlord is underrated.
- I think that Mass Effect 2 is filler (that said, it's still my favourite of the three).
Mass Effect 3:
- I think that Mass Effect 3 has far better reflection of choices from previous games than Mass Effect 2 did (war assets aside).
- I think that the Dalatrass is right about the krogan. That said, with Wrex and Eve around, I'm willing to cure the genophage.
- While neither of them are innocent, I think that the geth were bigger victims than the quarians.
- I dislike the direction of Legion's character.
- I like EDI, including her body.
- I think Leviathan is overrated.
- Even with the Extended Cut, I don't think the ending is fixed.
- Refusal is my favourite ending.
- Renegade in Mass Effect 3 was renegade done right, when compared to ME1/2 renegade.
That's all I can think of, at the moment.
1. ME1 is really overrated in hindsight.
2. ME3 had a terrible plot overall, not just the ending.
3. I like the choices you have to make in ME3s ending.
4. Garrus is a douchebag.
5. Liara sucks
6. Tali is a terrible romance option.
7. MP is better than SP.
8. Mark Meer > Jennifer Hale
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger