How do players possibly find collectors more difficult than geth?

#1RophlecktuinePosted 5/2/2013 3:51:52 PM
:(

Collectors are waaaaaay easier. Must be ppl who have no concept of kiting, and always shoot abominations, no matter how close.
---
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 5/2/2013 3:53:59 PM
Apparently silver is analogous to platinum because they are similar in color. Since Collectors are harder in silver, that must be true of gold and platinum.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3sheepman23Posted 5/2/2013 3:58:48 PM
I don't really see it either. Praetorians are extremely easy to kite, and are highly predictable. The worst member of their faction are Scions, but on Platinum they don't even show up in the latter half of the waves.

I'll take Collectors any day over the stunlocking bull**** of Geth. Also, biotic classes are severely hindered against them since 5/6 of enemies have shields.
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#4NefhithPosted 5/2/2013 4:00:11 PM
Well, technically they are both really hard.

Collectors have their double melee, which can stagger you pretty easily if oyu try to run away form them, and they a re really good at long, medium and close range, making them the jack of all trades of all the factions. They don't excel at anything in particular, but they are good at everything.

Let's not forget the praetorians ans scions, who can split your team in nothing thanks to their intimidating size, laser beams and cluster grenades. Also, the teammates killing the abominations or their point-greeding personality makes them kill you by killing abominations close to you.

The geth, instead, unless you're using a turian, krogan or juggernaut/destroyer, can be pa ain in the butt thanks to their stunning capability, but that's it. They're pretty easy to deal with, since they can be grabbed from cover, haven't got much resistance and they seem to prefer rushing to you while shooting, which can be useful for snipers or shotgun users equally. The ones who suffer the most are assault rifle users, which are interruupted all the time from shooting thanks to the stun.

Basically, the only danger in the geth come when they stun you, and that's mainly when geth primes start spawning, because their drone stuns you, and then the prime shoots at you again to stun you, and the drone proceeds to do so again (and so forth until eternity).

In my honest opinion, cerberus is more dangerous for me. I like having my enemies close to me, and since phantoms' sync kill is the fastest in the game, there's no way to save you from it. Also, those guardians...
#5code_kirinPosted 5/2/2013 4:01:27 PM
Scion are Geth Prime, except worse.

Aside from Prime, the only real cheese Geth have are rocket troopers, who are indeed obnoxious.
#6bloodgod92Posted 5/2/2013 4:03:57 PM
It is not that they are harder to kill, because they are not.

I struggle against collectors on every difficulty to some degree, as a sniper.

Most enemies come in direct waves, meaning I can take out a group quickly with my arc grenades/black widow. With collectors, they put pressure on me from afar, from several positions at once, they spread out meaning that my arc grenades are not very effective. It takes longer for me to attack them with my sniper rifle to, as I have to constantly move in and out of the scope mode.

When I need to relocate to avoid dying, this gives them longer to spread out more, all the while I have to worry about abominations and possessed abominations backing me into a corner.

If a possessed scion throws grenades at me, I may as well just lay down and die, because 9 times out of 10 this results in my death anyway.

They are more aggressive and deploy better tactics than any other faction.

Collectors>Cerberus>Geth>Reapers.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP
#7Mr_PipboyPosted 5/2/2013 4:04:57 PM
bloodgod92 posted...

Well, at least we agree on Reapers ... lol
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#8sheepman23Posted 5/2/2013 4:06:48 PM
code_kirin posted...
Aside from Prime, the only real cheese Geth have are rocket troopers, who are indeed obnoxious.

Don't forget Bombers.

Oh, you have Overload or Dark Channel? *dodges it*
Oh, you're in the middle of a hack/device? *grenade drop*
Oh, you're a weapons class? Try and hit my incredibly small hit box.
Oh, you haven't been stunlocked yet? *shock*
---
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
#9NefhithPosted 5/2/2013 4:08:37 PM(edited)
sheepman23 posted...
code_kirin posted...

Don't forget Bombers.

Oh, you have Overload or Dark Channel? *dodges it*
Oh, you're in the middle of a hack/device? *grenade drop*
Oh, you're a weapons class? Try and hit my incredibly small hit box.
Oh, you haven't been stunlocked yet? *shock*

This always destroys me.

They can throw 10x more grenades and the shock would still be the problem. And if there are three of more of them, you are dead for sure.
#10bloodgod92Posted 5/2/2013 4:11:21 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
bloodgod92 posted...

Well, at least we agree on Reapers ... lol

The only reaper enemies I dislike are Banshees, because they are incredibly hard to hit as a sniper, they are very thin, like to bend down a lot and often jump out of my line of sight...

Other than Collectors/Banshees Phantoms and Dragoons, I can pretty much kill everything from across the field... which is why I don't mind geth too much. They all move pretty slow, with the exception of bombers, and just as they can stun lock me and my group, my radius arc grenades can stun lock them, just chuck them one after another...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP