Best Gun - Assault Rifle 2

#31Cthe34TruthPosted 5/6/2013 10:11:53 PM
fpsfreak23 posted...
(I would quote, but after a certain point, my phone starts freezing from too much text.)

@Shigmiya64
Okay, you have proof. I'll give you the DPS argument in short-term fights. Never could look up documents on this sort of thing (because my phone internet sucks). I always go by using the weapons in-game, and I knew that 50% more couldn't have been quite right.

When did I ever say anything about the Extended Mag mod? I was actually referring to BOTH guns already having the mod (as they should). And, so what if the second step of the gun recharging can't be ignored by powers or Thermal Clips? It still recharges ammo during the entire duration of the power. It can recharge upwards of about 40-50 shots for some of the longer animations, maybe about 5-15 for the shorter ones. Use that to your advantage to keep damaging the enemy. Just because you're waiting for the ammo to refill doesn't mean you can't use a power or melee. If you accidentaly overheat, pop a Thermal Clip Pack, use a power or punch something while you wait, then continue shooting.

All in all, it mostly boils down to opinion. They both have advantages and disadvantages because of certain situations. I just believe the Lancer has more advantages than not over the Harrier.

Don't listen to that guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The Lancer does more damage, has regenerating ammo, is lighter, and can proc chimera ammo on targets setting up for tech/fire/cryo bursts all at the same time, without the use of mods or equipment. Lancer > Harrier. Oh did I mention it has a cooler name and is also way more stylish on my Ghost or TSent?
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#32Shigmiya64Posted 5/6/2013 10:13:04 PM
fpsfreak23 posted...
When did I ever say anything about the Extended Mag mod? I was actually referring to BOTH guns already having the mod (as they should).

You didn't. I was heading you off before you did. Also, extended mag on the Harrier just makes it easier to run out of ammo. Extended Barrel + Piercing Mod is what you should be rocking.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#33Shigmiya64Posted 5/6/2013 10:16:15 PM
Cthe34Truth posted...
Don't listen to that guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The Lancer does more damage, has regenerating ammo, is lighter, and can proc chimera ammo on targets setting up for tech/fire/cryo bursts all at the same time, without the use of mods or equipment. Lancer > Harrier. Oh did I mention it has a cooler name and is also way more stylish on my Ghost or TSent?

Ignoring the wholly false statement that the Lancer does more damage, how do you set up tech explosions using a gun without equipment? I'm guessing "chimera" is an autocorrect mishap.
---
#34Cthe34TruthPosted 5/6/2013 10:18:11 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
Cthe34Truth posted...

Ignoring the wholly false statement that the Lancer does more damage, how do you set up tech explosions using a gun without equipment? I'm guessing "chimera" is an autocorrect mishap.

I was being facetious -_-
---
@_@
#35Shigmiya64Posted 5/6/2013 10:22:25 PM
Oh. Um... Look!

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/SeveraSlyth/Reaction%20GIFs/RUNAWAY.gif
---
#36Cthe34TruthPosted 5/6/2013 10:24:12 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
Oh. Um... Look!

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/SeveraSlyth/Reaction%20GIFs/RUNAWAY.gif

My peanut.
---
@_@
#37fpsfreak23Posted 5/6/2013 10:25:21 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
fpsfreak23 posted...
When did I ever say anything about the Extended Mag mod? I was actually referring to BOTH guns already having the mod (as they should).

You didn't. I was heading you off before you did. Also, extended mag on the Harrier just makes it easier to run out of ammo. Extended Barrel + Piercing Mod is what you should be rocking.

That's exactly what I ran back when I did the challenge for the Harrier. My friend said that the Extended Mag+Piercing was a better way to go, so I tried it. I only half-agreed with him. It seems to work better on the Demolisher, whom doesn't care about ammo. Otherwise, I would use the Extended Barrel+Piercing (if I ever decided to do the Harrier challenge again.) I can see both sides being viable, but it just depends on map/class. Something with spare ammo-increasing passives (Turians ((except TS, as he'll eat through the ammo too fast)), Geth Juggernaut) might do better with Extended Mag. Everything else would benefit from more weapon damage.
---
I am disappoint.
GT: Scatman Wenis