will I likely be kicked from silver because my N7 is less than 50?

#11TheSocialBunnyPosted 5/8/2013 5:46:52 PM(edited)
On Silver don't worry about your N7 score too much. ^_~ Unless you're going in with only a Level 1 with the worst loadout to class configuration known to man (ie. Equip a Geth Spitfire on a Volus Adept), most SIlver players are pretty casual in how they roll.

Generally speaking, the magic N7 number is 120 (When all classes max out at 20 once). At that point, rather than a sign of inexperience, it becomes a sign that you couldn't care less about promoting your characters. There's actually quite a few players like this and we more or less affectionately dub ourselves as the "120 Club". If a player tries to kick you based on only having that score, it's a sign that they don't know how the game works, rather than you.

On Gold and Platinum though, it's standard protocol to ALWAYS equip consumable bonus equipment, even the semi-crappy stuff if only as a sign of good faith that you are invested and won't be bailing out if you eat dirt on Wave 1. It doesn't hurt to have good weapons that actually make sense with your class either, but that's usually not too of an issue if you're dishing out consumables and don't have an eye twitchingly low level looking for a free ride on the credit train.
#12crawdadPosted 5/8/2013 5:39:05 PM
I don't boot on silver. Worse comes to worse as long as I can tell you're trying instead of just leeching iI can carry pretty well. Just like another posted said, stay close and do objectives and you'll be fine.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#13led777Posted 5/8/2013 6:04:38 PM
I'll leave before I kick and only if the other two players look awful. Even then I would probably endure if I have the time for a 25 minute match vs Collectors.
---
Life sucks. Wear a helmet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/led777/helmet.jpg
#14nathraxhPosted 5/8/2013 6:38:49 PM
The only time to kick in silver is when someone's taking too long to get ready. If they're clearly fiddling about with their equipment then fair play, but if they've gone to take a dump/get a sandwich, I'm kicking.

I'm never sure what to do when someone walks in with a level 1 character, though. Even if their N7 level is high, I see a lot of people wipe that way. That said, occasionally someone will pull it off. Rarely, though.
---
Dwarf shortage.
GT: Too Many Polos
#15WrathofAchillesPosted 5/8/2013 8:05:19 PM
nathraxh posted...
The only time to kick in silver is when someone's taking too long to get ready. If they're clearly fiddling about with their equipment then fair play, but if they've gone to take a dump/get a sandwich, I'm kicking.

I'm never sure what to do when someone walks in with a level 1 character, though. Even if their N7 level is high, I see a lot of people wipe that way. That said, occasionally someone will pull it off. Rarely, though.

Depends on the equipment and class for me. If I see high level gear and good weapons... I'll let them stay...but if it's all low level stuff and a new character... nope. Not carrying you.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#16Lord of NightmaresPosted 5/8/2013 9:55:44 PM
You should be fine, and quite honestly you don't need to be N7 500 or more to start playing Silver, I'd already been playing on Gold for quite some time by that point. It mainly depends on whether or not you're able to carry your own weight and have some semi-decent equipment/gear.

I've personally seen an N7 40 player dominate a Gold/Glacier/Cerberus match, scoring well over 160k by the end of it all.
#17TemplariShadowPosted 5/8/2013 11:33:22 PM
Basically, stick to Bronze/Silver till you're fairly comfortable with your characters of choice and are dying.. infrequently at most during match. Getting your Commons and most Uncommon Weapons/Mods maxed out or close to is helpful for making that initial leap to Gold. Your Manifest is probably a better indicator of your readiness more than your N7. That said, your initial forays in to Gold should probably with a character at least level 18-20 so you can take advantage of the a buffed up character with skills you're comfortable with.
#18Talon5967Posted 5/9/2013 4:55:57 AM
Personally, I use silver to experiment (except for obviously useless setups like a Juggernaut with a batarian gauntlet, for which I go to bronze (I had to try it to see what would happen)), so I don't really care what anyone else is doing. Also, it seems a lot of players that would normally be in gold or platinum are filling bronze and silver in order to grind waves. Since each of them can probably solo the whole match if they wanted to, they shouldn't care what your N7 rating is.

Topics like this remind of one match when I was playing UUG with two friends, and an N7 9 with a level 8 Jugg entered the lobby. Our only acknowledgment of his obvious newness was me switching to my own Jugg (a.k.a, Safe Mode). He started out kind of rough, and even went down on wave 1. Wave 2, I noticed he was playing a little differently. A couple waves later, I realized he had started imitating me, such as dropping his hex shield to the left of the corridor and using right hand advantage with it (or at least attempting to), and plugging up whichever path the enemies were coming up that I wasn't covering. He actually did pretty well. It's always nice to see new players using something they're unfamiliar with take their queues from more experienced players.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#19Echo_djinnPosted 5/9/2013 5:43:36 AM
Smart players always look at the challenge points and the persons equipment. If I see you using a silver sniper and a shotgun on a adept character than you're getting the boot.
---
Wasting your time is the best use of my time.
Completed Xcom: Enemy Unknown Impossible Difficulty. Like a Boss
#20bloodgod92Posted 5/9/2013 5:48:00 AM
I never kick... unless I need to make room for a friend :)

Even with rubbish weapons/low ranks, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP