N7 Demolisher...

#61NafzgerPosted 5/11/2013 9:23:47 AM
At any time, any given ammo box is also two grenades. And with everyone on your team picking from it, too, it doesn't even guarantee you any grenades or ammo. The same as an ammo box. The Pylon sucks. Deal with it.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#62ArchMageSynokPosted 5/11/2013 9:25:05 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
Fitness>Pylon????? no way

How can it hurt you if your moving around? you don't have to stay with it. At any time its an instant 2 grenades and if you set it up in the right area you can just swing by it on your way to or from wherever it is your going. it only takes about 3 seconds to set the thing down, and its pretty easy to buy that amount of time at any point in a platinum match.

Also, your teammates wont hate you for eating ALL of the grenades.

Pretty much this, I use it as an additional ammo box, I usually set it down in a high traffic area where there is no close ammo box, or for supporting teammates in a hack zone. Just because you have a power that doesn't move with, doesn't mean you need to camp by it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#63bloodgod92Posted 5/11/2013 9:31:08 AM
ArchMageSynok posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

How can it hurt you if your moving around? you don't have to stay with it. At any time its an instant 2 grenades and if you set it up in the right area you can just swing by it on your way to or from wherever it is your going. it only takes about 3 seconds to set the thing down, and its pretty easy to buy that amount of time at any point in a platinum match.

Pretty much this, I use it as an additional ammo box, I usually set it down in a high traffic area where there is no close ammo box, or for supporting teammates in a hack zone. Just because you have a power that doesn't move with, doesn't mean you need to camp by it.

There are only 2 possible reasons to have it. Extra shields/ammo for hacks or because you are camping (truly camping, not moving between spots)

Otherwise, there is always a near by ammo crate, if it is empty, take another 5 seconds out of the game to find the second closest ammo crate. The damage boost and shield boost is useless if you are not inside the radius, so you may as well go with the fitness tree, for permanent shield boosts.

My Demo priority (as a sniping camper) is:

Arc Grenades > Pylon > Passive > Fitness > Homing Grenade

But as a mobile death machine:

Arc Grenade > Passive > Homing Grenade > Fitness > Pylon
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - MP
#64sheepman23Posted 5/11/2013 9:32:05 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
terrysmay04 posted...
If your not setting up a pylon at least once per wave your not throwing enough grenades, The pylon and grenade regen cooldown match up really well if you have about 50% cooldown bonus. That means every 15-20 seconds you have 4 grenades available to you. It would be foolish to skip pylon, what do you do if you get Condor or Glacier?

Wow... I don't think there is a word to describe how wrong you are... setting down a pylon has nothing to do with the amount of grenades that get thrown... I think in almost any map you can run to any ammo box from any position faster than the cooldown or resupply from the pylon... taking advantage of ammo packs helps too.

Likewise.

While I would skip Pylon before I would either of the grenades, you're going to be absolutely screwed on nearly half of the maps in the game that aren't generous with grenades. With a good cooldown (there's seriously no reason to have -200% recharge speed on her), you can use the Supply Pylon to instantly get 2 grenades at any time. Wait for the pylon to resupply, grab another 2 grenades, and set one down again.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
One does not simply skip Homing Grenades.
#65NaughtyOctopusPosted 5/11/2013 9:34:16 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

There are only 2 possible reasons to have it. Extra shields/ammo for hacks or because you are camping (truly camping, not moving between spots)

Otherwise, there is always a near by ammo crate, if it is empty, take another 5 seconds out of the game to find the second closest ammo crate. The damage boost and shield boost is useless if you are not inside the radius, so you may as well go with the fitness tree, for permanent shield boosts.

i move around with my demolisher and i still use pylon
#66terrysmay04Posted 5/11/2013 9:43:25 AM
I carry a Harrier (the only class I use it on) and a Hurricane and the recharge time for pylon and the grenade respawn are only about 4 seconds different. so I know that when my pylon is back the original one will spawn grenades in a few seconds, so its easy to swing by and grab some like any other box, you don't have to camp on it. and if I'm really short I can grab those two, then immediately drop another pylon for 4 grenades almost instantly. Why would you skip that?

I really don't see any downside to the pylon other than the slow set up time, and if you think the points in fitness are important on her I strongly beg to differ.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#67Cthe34Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:48:40 AM(edited)
bloodgod92 posted...
terrysmay04 posted...
If your not setting up a pylon at least once per wave your not throwing enough grenades, The pylon and grenade regen cooldown match up really well if you have about 50% cooldown bonus. That means every 15-20 seconds you have 4 grenades available to you. It would be foolish to skip pylon, what do you do if you get Condor or Glacier?

Wow... I don't think there is a word to describe how wrong you are... setting down a pylon has nothing to do with the amount of grenades that get thrown... I think in almost any map you can run to any ammo box from any position faster than the cooldown or resupply from the pylon... taking advantage of ammo packs helps too.

lmfao

stop talking bloodgod.

you don't even know anything about your character.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#68ArchMageSynokPosted 5/11/2013 9:52:45 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
ArchMageSynok posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

I mainly use it for the grenade supply, sure most ammo boxes are easy to run by, but ammo boxes can't supply you with 2-4 grenades and are often empty, especially on higher difficulties when other grenade users are on your team 99% of the time like Talon's, TGI and AIU's.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#69NafzgerPosted 5/11/2013 9:57:51 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
I carry a Harrier (the only class I use it on) and a Hurricane and the recharge time for pylon and the grenade respawn are only about 4 seconds different. so I know that when my pylon is back the original one will spawn grenades in a few seconds, so its easy to swing by and grab some like any other box, you don't have to camp on it. and if I'm really short I can grab those two, then immediately drop another pylon for 4 grenades almost instantly. Why would you skip that?

I really don't see any downside to the pylon other than the slow set up time, and if you think the points in fitness are important on her I strongly beg to differ.

Fitness is way more important than a useless extra ammo box.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#70NaughtyOctopusPosted 5/11/2013 9:59:47 AM
Nafzger posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

Fitness is way more important than a useless extra ammo box.

saving yourself from DoT and 4 grenades whenever you want isn't useless to some people