Lol, Vancouver is the capital city of Earth?

#1pcmike2Posted 5/10/2013 8:17:39 AM
lol, Canadians think they matter to the rest of the world.

What's so special about Vancouver?

Montreal is where its at.

But both are nowhere near as awesome as San Francisco

Everyone knows it
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2BushidoMusashiPosted 5/10/2013 8:25:14 AM(edited)
But San Fean is where Starfleet hq is. Can't have Systems Alliance and Starfleet in the same town man.... hell did you see Picard AND Kirk in the movie ? It almost made my brain implode with such awesome ! Throwing Shepard and Anderson in would be way too much.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#3huynh2erPosted 5/10/2013 8:44:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4TheSocialBunnyPosted 5/10/2013 8:47:25 AM(edited)
Well... the literal answer to the question is that during the time ME3 was being made, Vancouver was having the 2010 Winter Olympics, so Bioware just kinda' felt in the mood to make the city a highlight in the game.

You'd think given Bioware's two Canadian studios they would have indeed picked Montreal... or to a lesser degree Edmonton, although being a Vancouverite myself, I'm pretty happy they picked Vancouver. I would say their portrayal of Vancouver is a bit off though... for example... it's not raining... THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN VANCOUVER. ^_~

In actuality though, Canadians don't really have much of an ego when it comes to global presence... as long as it doesn't involve hockey. To put things another way, if the USA was a Turian Ghost with a Harrier X, we'd be a Volus Engineer sitting on the side tossing out Recon Mines, content in our shield boosting ways despite having a completely dismal score.
#5NafzgerPosted 5/10/2013 8:56:40 AM
Every one knows when the day comes that the world is being run by one supreme leader, the global capital will reside in Israel.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#68bitPunkPosted 5/10/2013 9:03:28 AM
pcmike2 posted...

Daniel Tosh has a quote about San Francisco that I would love to share, but its a little on the homo-phobic side.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#7Wii0playerPosted 5/10/2013 9:05:10 AM
Bioware should've made the capital city Pyongyang, North Korea for the lulz.
#8IokuaPosted 5/10/2013 9:05:32 AM
pcmike2 posted...
lol, Canadians think they matter to the rest of the world.

What's so special about Vancouver?

Montreal is where its at.

Everyone knows it

Without Vancouver your economy would die.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#9Doofe_2012Posted 5/10/2013 9:16:01 AM
If things keep going the way they do, the capital of the world when we end up colonizing new worlds is going to be Beijing. Firefly recognized this with how everyone speaks both English and Mandarin.
---
Keep cool, speak the truth, don't judge, and hope that the good you do outweighs the bad.
Currently playing: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Civ 5, Battlefront 2
#10pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 9:18:08 AM
TheSocialBunny posted...
Well... the literal answer to the question is that during the time ME3 was being made, Vancouver was having the 2010 Winter Olympics, so Bioware just kinda' felt in the mood to make the city a highlight in the game.

You'd think given Bioware's two Canadian studios they would have indeed picked Montreal... or to a lesser degree Edmonton, although being a Vancouverite myself, I'm pretty happy they picked Vancouver. I would say their portrayal of Vancouver is a bit off though... for example... it's not raining... THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN VANCOUVER. ^_~

In actuality though, Canadians don't really have much of an ego when it comes to global presence... as long as it doesn't involve hockey. To put things another way, if the USA was a Turian Ghost with a Harrier X, we'd be a Volus Engineer sitting on the side tossing out Recon Mines, content in our shield boosting ways despite having a completely dismal score.

Well that's cool. Though I still find it funny that they thought the winter Olympics was that important
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546