Turian Cabal power damage build is viable and good, will have vid out later

#11Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:31:33 AM
Vid is uploading.

Just got out of a match on rio. She definitely scores well on grenade maps, even when there are other grenade players.

She does best on small maps though, and especially on small maps that give out grenades.

Its a pretty exhilarating playstyle.

Well I have to get up for school in like an hour and a half, guess I will go to bed.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#12Havoc49JPosted 5/11/2013 6:33:36 AM
Just finished watching your video. I've used your build in the past but never with such an aggressive playstyle as you showed. I'll repec and give it a shot.

White is a great map for grenade oriented vanguards. Do you feel your performance drops significantly on other maps?
#13YamatoBeatsPosted 5/11/2013 6:57:59 AM
A rare demo that I actually liked. Good job. I'm gonna have to try and give this a whirl. Seeing as how my playstyle matches this to a T, it should be pretty tun.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#14sheepman23Posted 5/11/2013 8:28:27 AM
Cool, I'll have to check this out later. Currently I'm just running the no-Poison-Strike build, but I'd like something different for a change.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
One does not simply skip Homing Grenades.
#15terrysmay04Posted 5/11/2013 8:46:39 AM
That was actually really neat. THis is how I envisioned the Cabal playing when she first came out.

Now let me say I don;t think this is viable off host, and sometimes its hard to tell if your actually doing much damage via poison strike, but its fun to watch :D
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#16JedisenseiPosted 5/11/2013 8:52:29 AM
Link for the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NKpghNjmRI
#17NafzgerPosted 5/11/2013 8:59:34 AM
All I know is that a level 9 chargeless asari vanguard made this build its lady in waiting. Ain't that right, Havoc?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#18TheM00dPosted 5/11/2013 9:04:29 AM
The Cabal is truly an under appreciated character. I didn't know how to use her at first and I was initially turned off. After finding a different build for her, she has become my favorite vanguard and one of my favorite characters. When you learn how to use her, she can be an awesome tank and she has the ability to get out of bad situations quickly. I like the fact that she takes some patience to get good with her.

Question: Wraith or Hurricane? They are both maxed.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
#19Havoc49JPosted 5/11/2013 9:04:34 AM
Nafzger posted...
All I know is that a level 9 chargeless asari vanguard made this build its lady in waiting. Ain't that right, Havoc?

I spent half the game picking you up off the ground Mr. Harrier X
#20Havoc49JPosted 5/11/2013 9:15:39 AM
TheM00d posted...
Question: Wraith or Hurricane? They are both maxed.

Scorpion/Hurricane

The Scorpion is very useful for locking done an area with stun. I've only done 3 matches with this build but 90% of my deaths are from Marauders or Collectors that killed me almost instantly from combined gun fire.

Scorpion for mooks, Hurricane for bosses.

That said, my damage output is really hurting. I'm still having massive Poison Strike hit detection issues(more than half the time). I'm going to try it some more and make darn sure I'm not just missing slightly to the left or right of the target.