Serious question, is the Geth Juggernaut really good for Gold soloing?

#1melvin343Posted 5/13/2013 11:34:46 AM
I just got the Geth Juggernaut and after seeing few players use him, that Geth does not go down easily and after seeing what he can do, do you recommend him for gold soloing and what map and enemy fiction should he face?
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#2sir_fredingtonPosted 5/13/2013 11:52:20 AM
Yes he can solo gold...but it would take an eternity.
#3WrathofAchillesPosted 5/13/2013 11:54:20 AM
Whatever you do... don't think you can just stand there and melee everything to death on gold. Many Juggs think this is the "key to victory" because it works so well on Bronze and Silver... you will DROP very quickly doing this. Somehow I have yet to get this through my friend's thick skull and he insist's he's "god" with a Jugg... despite me having to constantly save his *** or solo the wave so we don't wipe becuase he's a one trick pony.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#4fpsfreak23Posted 5/13/2013 11:56:21 AM
I did Reapers/Giant/Gold when I soloed with him, but a smaller map could work better. I run him with a Reegar (Spare Thermal+HVB) most of the time, but you may want to throw on something like a Hurricane as a sidearm if you run out of ammo for the Reegar and are too far to waddle to the ammo box. Use Incendiary III/IV as it will eat through armor. Try not to use your Siege Pulses, as the DR they can give will definitely help. Spec him for full Fitness and Weapon Damage. It's up to you if you want to skip the Turret or Hex Shield, as I didn't use either much (or just go 6/6/6/6/6, if you know how.)
---
I am disappoint.
GT: CaptainDerp
#5perfect_generalPosted 5/13/2013 11:57:57 AM
Yes but it would take longer than with most other classes and you could have trouble with the disarm objectives.

I would suggest Cerberus since they only have one "big boss" unit so every else is quite vulnerable to his force choke heavy melee.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#6twinstarnumber1Posted 5/13/2013 11:58:47 AM
There are far, far, far, far better characters to use if you want to solo gold. Unless you're not willing to put in any effort, or just don't have any other characters i would not recommend using it. The tedium would drive me crazy i think.

Besides unless you're really good at using him some issues could arrise. If you do happen to go down amidst a ton of enemies you're at a huge disadvantage. You can't run and you can't recharge your shields fast. I've seen tons of randoms play Juggernauts and when they go down as soon as they get up a lot of times they go right back down again.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#7terrysmay04Posted 5/13/2013 12:01:46 PM
Yeah its pretty doable. Easiest for him against Reapers or Cerberus. Preatorians will ruin your day, and pyros do damage fast enough to be a problem for him too if your fighting the other factions.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#8deathscythe257Posted 5/13/2013 12:04:08 PM
Using a tank to solo? Never thought about it. He can, but hes just plain slow... Depending on who you fight, you may get surrounded by enemies quite easily...

If you do decide to do so:

Spec him for damage, max HP, Siege Pulse for 40% DR, max health drain from heavy melee, Adrenaline III will make a BIG difference. Level IV equipment, and geth scanner.

Geth turret might come in handy as a distraction once in a while, never use siege pulse offensively. Pair reegar and a stronger longer range weapon...
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#9CrusnikCainPosted 5/13/2013 12:24:45 PM(edited)
did mine against reapers and it does actually take some effort to keep him alive ravanger's can cause a deal of trouble if not taken out fast especially later during objective's particularly ones that require you to stay in one spot for periods of time
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#10melvin343(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:17:13 PM
Thanks everyone, I shall not do melee everything on sight considering I did it on Bronze and it looks like I got everything set for my juggernaut for my first solo Gold. Wish me luck.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.