Control (big spoilers)

#1LordTrinenPosted 5/14/2013 7:00:00 PM
So what do you think the new Shepard-Catalyst does with the Reapers if the Control ending is chosen? In the Paragon version, after the Reapers rebuild the galaxy the Shepard-Catalyst declares that it will dedicate the Reapers as the galaxy's protectors from anyone or anything that would do it harm. But what kind of threats would it protect it from? And how would they do it?

Suppose the Yahg achieved spaceflight and started a very aggressive campaign of expansion. How would the Reapers respond? Would they fight back, crushing the Yahg until they accepted a peace treaty? Or would they just put on a big show and scare them into submission with their power?

If a war broke out between two species, say the turians and krogans for example, would the Reapers step in and put a stop to it? Or would they let events play out unless things begin to go too far?

Or would the Shepard-Catalyst be so determined to preserve peace that it would send the Reapers to take down a notch any species it feels is getting a little too uppity? Despite their stance on peace and cooperation many asari have an air of superiority about them and tend to look down on other species. If they get on the Shepard-Catalyst's bad side...

We get some more answers thanks to the EC but we also get plenty of room to speculate and use our imaginations. What are your thoughts?
#2phoenix52Posted 5/14/2013 7:03:48 PM
That's exactly why I never choose Control.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#3SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 5/14/2013 11:12:05 PM
Well...they rebuild the Reaper tech (Citadel Relays etc) that could have been destroyed or damaged, in the Relays case...but in a head-canon sense, I kinda assume that Shep-Reapers don't become "instruments of the Council's will" but act as galactic police for the Council, and maybe destroy Synthetics if they rebel against their creators etc, but obviously don't have to harvest now. Or something. Doesn't really matter.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#4Ray101492Posted 5/14/2013 11:32:50 PM
Shepard takes over the galaxy and kills everyone in his way (renegade) or he becomes Batman (paragon). This is my interpretation of the control ending, which is my favorite btw.
---
XBL/PSN: Ray101492
Try to have fun. Otherwise what's the point?
#5ZERO2936Posted 5/15/2013 12:02:44 AM
In any case, it's a permanent, unstoppable galactic police state. Still a better ending than Synthesis and Destroy, though.
#6SRR CapdownPosted 5/15/2013 3:15:00 AM
Yeah, post-EC Paragon Control is my favourite ending (and the one I think makes the most sense).

I don't think he'd step in on every skirmish or war, but anything that involved AI or potential Galactic catastrophe or mass extermination/subordination, then I think he'd step in.

It's also possible, with the Crucible attached to the Citadel, that people might still havea point of contact with this new God-Shepard. And that he could communicate with the Council etc.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#7RKO_ViperPosted 5/15/2013 3:17:06 AM
Destroy is the right ending anyway. Plus I like the idea of Shepard living, and being reunited with his/her love interest at some point.

I still gotta do one last playthrough to get the insanity achievement. I'll probably choose control then.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#8Tbx66Posted 5/15/2013 4:54:08 AM
Speculating is pointless and it can drive you crazy. Besides, it is unlikely whatever you chose will have any effect onto the next game. You just have to wait and see what will Bioware pull out of their ****** with your fingers crossed. I believe the damage is already done, but those people were responsible for creating the Mass Effect universe in the first place. Perhaps they'll figure something good out, but how do you return from that is anyone's guess.
---
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."
#9MurphysGhostPosted 5/15/2013 6:25:16 AM
My personal thought is that in the long term, Shep loses more and more of his humanity and probably becomes a serious threat once again.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10NafzgerPosted 5/15/2013 6:44:10 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
My personal thought is that in the long term, Shep loses more and more of his humanity and probably becomes a serious threat once again.

Why is this assumed? There's no humanity to be lost.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher