Just Played Alongside Two Very Different Juggernauts on Plat

#1Lord of NightmaresPosted 5/15/2013 3:12:24 AM
First one was in Firebase Giant vs. Collectors. Player had the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle (the quarian one) equipped and was dominating the map for the most part, barely going down (and having the good sense to revive himself if the rest of us were too far away or pinned down) while making short work of most heavies. There was even a point during Wave 10 where he simultaneously engaged two Geth Primes, a Praetorian and a Banshee and somehow managed to survive the encounter without getting downed (and if you're wondering, he just battled them normally, didn't even use a Cobra although we were providing support). Completed the match with nearly full extraction (one guy unfortunately got insta-killed during the last 30 seconds) and the Juggernaut came in first with 160+k points (it was close though, nearly everyone else had similar scores).

Second Juggernaut was in Firebase Dagger/Hazard/Collectors. He refused to equip any gear but somehow no one kicked him. He kept going off on his own to the other end of the map and got downed at least 2-3 times per wave on average, while refusing to revive himself. By Wave 3 or 4 we didn't bother and just left him to bleed out. By Wave 8 he'd barely scored 24k, and then he made the brilliant decision to use his plasma cannon on a Possessed Abomination which was practically right next to the other three of us, and when the rest of us were out of Medi-Gels. He didn't last too long after that.

It just amazes me how incredibly effective the Juggernaut can be in the right hands since I'd always assumed that it was a low damage output class which primarily serves to draw fire away from the other players.
#2MasterVashPosted 5/15/2013 5:04:10 AM
He's not exactly horrible at damage. He has 27.5% extra damage from his passive, and while his last Fitness rank gives him -15%, the last rank of his Hex Shield can help make up for it. He can use practically any weapon due to his extra ammo and stability passive, and Siege Pulse makes for a great tech detonator for ammo powers so long as you don't remove your DR while under heavy fire.
---
Two thousand years of progress and technology so that we can scream obscenities into a small plastic microphone.
GT: CaptainDerp
#3YamatoBeatsPosted 5/15/2013 6:52:18 AM
Siege Pulse Juggernaut is still best Juggernaut.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#4p0iz3n0usPosted 5/15/2013 7:36:23 AM
YamatoBeats posted...

Spitfire/Reegar Juggernaut would beg to differ.
---
XBL GT..........Sgt Tethras
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Sgt%20Tethras&platform=xbox
#5MasterVashPosted 5/15/2013 7:53:20 AM
YamatoBeats posted...

Spitfire/Reegar Juggernaut would beg to differ.

I find both of those very powerful and very viable. I switch between them pretty often, myself.
---
Two thousand years of progress and technology so that we can scream obscenities into a small plastic microphone.
GT: CaptainDerp