is gold harder than platinum?

#1GoldenSWarriorsPosted 5/18/2013 1:08:02 AM
I just played a plat game and didn't even die once

then I played a gold game against geth and ran out of gels on wave 7

i even rage missiled everything, which is something I rarely ever do

platinum is easy, you just stay away from bosses and you're good. On gold, there's so many different trooper level units that swarm you and down you instantly with their combined firepower.

maybe I was just tired iono. What do you guys think?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#2Cthe34TruthPosted 5/18/2013 1:13:40 AM
Yes. It's not just you. It's also that after playing platinum and soloing platinum, you feel invincible, and forget gold is it's own challenge.

Gold definitely makes me realize that trooper units are the real problem, not the bosses. Bosses are easy to avoid, and most are slow and easy to funnel where you want them, but troopers are fast, hit hard, and constantly swarm and flank you.

Geth/Gold is still ridiculously hard.
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn @_@
yoyo - you only yolo once
#3BurstBearPosted 5/18/2013 1:15:05 AM
Hah. Saw you were on, loaded ME3, then you were off.

Anyway, yes? Sort of? Plat. has more try hards and gold players tend to be..lazier.
#4GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 1:23:38 AM
BurstBear posted...

Anyway, yes? Sort of? Plat. has more try hards and gold players tend to be..lazier.

what's your GT?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#5BurstBearPosted 5/18/2013 1:27:20 AM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
BurstBear posted...

what's your GT?

MrScottyBear
#6SRR CapdownPosted 5/18/2013 2:04:03 AM
Everyone knows the real bosses are the spawns of 7 Marauders. It's what makes Gold harder.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#7FullMetalManiaPosted 5/18/2013 2:09:43 AM
Hey Panda, sorry I got kicked. A few friends were over drinking and one of them was plugging a phone charger into the wall and he unplugged the modem.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#8Xero_MachariusPosted 5/18/2013 5:49:55 AM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
I just played a plat game and didn't even die once

then I played a gold game against geth and ran out of gels on wave 7

i even rage missiled everything, which is something I rarely ever do

platinum is easy, you just stay away from bosses and you're good. On gold, there's so many different trooper level units that swarm you and down you instantly with their combined firepower.

maybe I was just tired iono. What do you guys think?

I think it can go either way... Geth are still the most annoying faction to face... which is why I generally switch to a Warlord if the host has set it to Geth... then I leave after that match.

Were you pugging or playing with friend list-ers ??
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#9Mr_PipboyPosted 5/18/2013 7:37:47 AM
I am definitely more confident when playing gold, so I take more risks. That might be it.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#10MurphysGhostPosted 5/18/2013 7:50:11 AM
@ TC- I think you had an annoying game vs. the Geth.

Plat. is definitely harder, even if some of the later rounds are surprisingly easy.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson