why do you think flare not a mp power?

#1LordvakidosPosted 5/18/2013 7:53:02 PM
was there ever a reasoning behind not including it? was it too powerful? i feel like dark sphere was suppose to fill its place. thoughts?
#2Shigmiya64Posted 5/18/2013 7:56:30 PM
Well it isn't very exciting, is it? Just a big ol' boom. Not very interesting if you ask me.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#3Eery_onePosted 5/18/2013 8:00:44 PM
It's the Biotic version of Carnage meaning useless in most cases.
---
The fool says in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt they do abominable deeds,they're none that does good. "Psalm 14:1"
#4Lordvakidos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 8:02:09 PM
that makes sense but there are not many outright heavy damaging biotic powers it have been nice to see another one.
#5code_kirinPosted 5/18/2013 8:07:22 PM
Eery_one posted...
It's the Biotic version of Carnage meaning useless in most cases.

It's nothing like carnage.

I think they simply wanted to keep it Aria-only, or at least they didn't want to create an appropriate kit to be able to use it. Not just any asari should be able to use Aria's signature power, after all.

They probably gave us DS to give us something Flare-like, and in some ways it's much better. Unfortunately, DS has a ton of off-host issues that Flare would not have had.. I would have liked to have both, personally.
#6xKryptonKnightxPosted 5/18/2013 8:12:52 PM
Its a missed opportunity definitely. Same with not including dominate. It would have been nice to have a sabotage that works on organics.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#7Eery_onePosted 5/18/2013 8:16:11 PM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Its a missed opportunity definitely. Same with not including dominate. It would have been nice to have a sabotage that works on organics.

Except dominate is more powerful than sabtoage since it debuffs up to 30% and also damages the enemy casted on while said enemy kills other enemies or damages them.
---
The fool says in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt they do abominable deeds,they're none that does good. "Psalm 14:1"
#8xKryptonKnightxPosted 5/18/2013 8:20:05 PM
Eery_one posted...
xKryptonKnightx posted...

Except dominate is more powerful than sabtoage since it debuffs up to 30% and also damages the enemy casted on while said enemy kills other enemies or damages them.

Well obviously it would be changed so it won't be completely broken. Same reason that MP adrenaline rush doesn't have time dilation...not that it would have been possible.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#9AoENIACPosted 5/18/2013 8:25:25 PM
The real question is why isn't Slam a MP power and why does Miranda no longer have it in Citadel?
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#108bitPunkPosted 5/18/2013 8:25:26 PM
Aria should have been a character in MP. Same for your squadmates and all significant NPCs.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)