Why do people run around alone on Gold?

#1HiyadaPosted 5/19/2013 8:42:01 AM
They usually get downed quickly. If this happens early in Wave 1 with more than one player lone wolfing it, I already know how the whole match will be. Failed mission.

Stick together in a tactically sound area or move together as one. Combined might is better.
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 5/19/2013 8:44:35 AM
Some people can lone wolf it, some people can't. And some people think they can when in fact they can't. If you know you can lock down a section of the map and take the pressure off your team, its really fun.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3gunholePosted 5/19/2013 8:51:35 AM
that's what the pug life taught me...
---
[redX] [redX]
#4twinstarnumber1Posted 5/19/2013 8:53:37 AM
<shrugs shoulders>, don't know the majority Gold games i play consist of people running around on their own killing enemies as fast as they can, no team work. Those games almost always go fine. A lot of games i see with people staying together, the game takes longer, and people wind up wiping. Working as a team is fine but there's nothing that says you can't go on your own. It all comes down to skill and equipment.

A good lone wolf player can make the game go faster (objectives, managing spawns, and so on).
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#5phoenix52Posted 5/19/2013 8:54:26 AM
Sometimes the rest of the team almost forces you to go off a little bit. I was playing an engineer with three juggernauts on Hydra a while ago and I couldn't hit a thing because of all the hex shiields that were up. I went down once or twice, but I also killed several Brutes and Ravagers in addition to kiting a Banshee or two around until it could be dealt with properly.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#6ZimmygunnarPosted 5/19/2013 9:14:08 AM
It's acceptable if you're a Shadow because you should be running around the back lines 1-shotting stuff anyway, but it's dumb if you're anything else
---
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Geoffrey/Sorcerer
#7sheepman23Posted 5/19/2013 9:23:38 AM
If I'm a class that can withstand a lot of heat in close-quarters combat - like the Valkyrie, for instance - then hell yes I'm going to run around a lot and not stay glued to my teammates. However, I also recognize that if I go down, my teammates are not responsible for picking me up just because I made a bad decision.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#8Superfluou5Posted 5/19/2013 10:50:04 AM
Mostly because it's fun.

Zimmygunnar posted...
It's acceptable if you're a Shadow because you should be running around the back lines 1-shotting stuff anyway, but it's dumb if you're anything else

No.
---
Gt: BeIlum
(the first L is a capital i)
#9TimeShinigamiPosted 5/19/2013 10:57:22 AM
Because letting the pugs take aggro while I kill is funny.

Seriously though, I've got 0 problems running around by myself. Most of the classes I play are either snipers, melee, or super-speedy, all of which should be on their lonesome to be the most effective.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01
#10DC_Trog90Posted 5/19/2013 11:10:20 AM
I run around. Even when I play volus. The only time i stay close to the team is on platinum.
---
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!