Do Melee buffs effect Smash's power?

#1SutebenuSanV2Posted 5/19/2013 10:35:06 PM
Been looking for a while now but I can't find a straight answer on this. Is it melee powered or Biotic powered? Like will having the Omni-blade attachment on a Shotgun or having the Guerrilla package make it stronger, or should I use something to buff Biotic damage like the Commando Package?
---
Logic? On the internet? How utterly absurd-SlingoRingo
https://soundcloud.com/steven-williams-12
#2deathscythe257Posted 5/19/2013 10:39:54 PM
smash is a pure biotic power. It is already quite powerful, it would become OP'd if it was melee boosted.
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#38bitPunkPosted 5/19/2013 10:42:19 PM
SutebenuSanV2 posted...
Been looking for a while now but I can't find a straight answer on this. Is it melee powered or Biotic powered? Like will having the Omni-blade attachment on a Shotgun or having the Guerrilla package make it stronger, or should I use something to buff Biotic damage like the Commando Package?

I wonder... maybe at close range?

I want to say 'probably not', but you could always test it with a Rank 1 Smash, and boosted Fitness. Then you could own the basic enemies and see if it is boosted.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#4NefhithPosted 5/20/2013 1:28:03 AM
It's purely biotic, but you can boost your melee damage (even though the whip's melee is one of the weakest in the game IIRC) and do smash > melee immediately to deal massive damage and stun everything in your range.

I think you'll go better by using a pistol with melee stunner and power amplifier (can you run both at the same time?)
---
I eat at a level 5 seafood restaurant.