Is this a good power build for collector adept?

#1pcmike2Posted 5/22/2013 9:57:45 AM
I have 6/6/6/5/3

dark sphere: detonation radius, damage over time, unstable dark sphere
seeker swarm: recharge speed, damage reduction, damage and slow
dark channel: damage, slow, pierce
vengeful ancient: damage and capacity, power damage

I usually play on gold/platinum, so far it works well, but hes a bit squishy.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2fpsfreak23Posted 5/22/2013 10:06:41 AM
6/6/6/5/3 is probably the most common build, but I would change rank 5 of Dark Sphere to recharge speed and the last rank of Seeker Swarm to add an additional Seeker. I heard there's a glitch involving Dark Sphere's DoT not working properly (can't tell you exactly what's wrong, but someone else probably could), so just take recharge speed to be safe. And, the added 10% DR from the extra Seeker helps make up for only having 3 in Fitness.
---
I am disappoint.
GT: Scatman Wenis
#3gunholePosted 5/22/2013 10:31:28 AM
always take recharge at 5 DS. the same thing on 6b is bugged as well, but the radius does work...
---
[redX] [redX]
#4Hui_TianPosted 5/22/2013 10:32:25 AM
def take the extra Swarm for the final evolution of Dark Swarm! The dark swarm is going to be pathetic no matter what you do, in terms of offensive power, but its prime use will to be to set off Biotic Explosions. Having a 4th Swarm is quite useful in that scenario... also, having an extra bit of Damage Reduction also makes a huge difference!

Pertaining to the Recharge Time vs Slow Movement of Dark Channel, I think its a preference in general. It already has a better Cooldown time than Dark Swarm and Dark Sphere, and you can cancel Dark Sphere's cooldown by casting Dark Channel before you detonate Dark Sphere (though this is buggy and doesn't always work as planned), so having an improved Cooldown for Dark Channel can be quite useful. But at the same time, Slow Movement is useful on Platinum as that it split groups up that running after you
#5deathscythe257Posted 5/22/2013 10:53:13 AM
Dark sphere rank 5 and 6 are glitched, in that, they may will actually weaken the ability. Read what the above posters said about it. The rank 6 radius part of that upgrade works though.

Seeker swarm rank 6 should always be set to orb count, rank 4 can go either way, if you want explosions, recharge might be better, if you want it as a support ability, that 30% enemy speed penalty is useful.

Dark Channel is self-explanatory.
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#6pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:59:59 AM
gunhole posted...
always take recharge at 5 DS. the same thing on 6b is bugged as well, but the radius does work...

Really? I see the damage over time work, and after detonating the sphere, the enemies are primed for biotic explosion. Does that happen with the dark matter evolution of dark sphere? In that, enemies are primed for biotic detonation after you detonate the dark sphere?
---
#7code_kirinPosted 5/22/2013 1:45:13 PM
pcmike2 posted...
gunhole posted...

Really? I see the damage over time work, and after detonating the sphere, the enemies are primed for biotic explosion. Does that happen with the dark matter evolution of dark sphere? In that, enemies are primed for biotic detonation after you detonate the dark sphere?

You wont notice the difference, but rank 5 Damage over time actually lowers the DoT. Better to take recharge speed so you actually benefit from rank 5.

The DoT effect works regardless of how you spec or, or whether you detonate it or not.
#8pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 3:32:41 PM
code_kirin posted...
pcmike2 posted...
gunhole posted...

You wont notice the difference, but rank 5 Damage over time actually lowers the DoT. Better to take recharge speed so you actually benefit from rank 5.

The DoT effect works regardless of how you spec or, or whether you detonate it or not.

ok thanks
---
#9Shigmiya64Posted 5/22/2013 9:16:43 PM
How exactly are the DoT evolutions bugged to weaken it? As I understand the bug, when it increases the length of the DoT, it does the same amount of damage over the new, lengthened duration, which would mean the DPS is lower. But those evolutions also increase the damage of the DoT by the same amount as the duration. So if you have a DoT that does 10 damage over 10 seconds, then increase the damage and duration by 40%, the new numbers are 14 damage over 14 seconds. That's still 1 damage per second, either way. So where's the downside?
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#10code_kirinPosted 5/22/2013 9:45:59 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
How exactly are the DoT evolutions bugged to weaken it? As I understand the bug, when it increases the length of the DoT, it does the same amount of damage over the new, lengthened duration, which would mean the DPS is lower. But those evolutions also increase the damage of the DoT by the same amount as the duration. So if you have a DoT that does 10 damage over 10 seconds, then increase the damage and duration by 40%, the new numbers are 14 damage over 14 seconds. That's still 1 damage per second, either way. So where's the downside?

That is how it should work, but bioware screwed the pooch again. The duration doesn't actually increase DoT duration.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16343431#16343431