I really want to start playing platinum games but...

#11CloudMac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 10:18:05 AM
you have the fury and the acolyte. that's definitely a platinum viable combo. or with the human adept like mentioned above.

also, the krogan soldier/batarian adept with a claymore might be a good option for you, though you'd be limited on grenades...

I tried the fury for a bit but I didn't do too good with her maybe I just need more practice of her being so easy to down.

I haven't tried the krogan soldier but I have tried the kroguard and the krogan sentinel (biotic hammer is fun).. Are inferno grenades that good?

As for the box of shame deathscythe I haven't even played platinum yet I dont want to tarnish the experience haha
Although i suppose it would make it easier to get credits :S
---
Currently studying the art of lazyness...
#12Mr_PipboyPosted 6/6/2013 10:23:35 AM
cloudmac posted...

My black widow is only level 1 though would it still be viable on platinum?

One other thing thats been bothering me and its something I would imagine more experienced players can answer.
Is it just just lag when someone goes down and its highlighted A to pick them up and you press it and nothing happens?

Oh and thanks for the responses guys.

Black Widow is viable on platinum at level 1. The build I listed uses a BW I.

If you can't pick them up then that means they are either getting revived by somone one else, or you are tapping A not holding it.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#13CloudMac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 10:34:28 AM
Thats my bad I saw BW and just assumed it was at max level like the build zhoban gave me..

See I get those 2 reasons but I have had a few games recently where I have been holding A for 3 seconds and above and it doesn't revive them and I know no one was picking them up as I was the last man standing. .
I also had a rare glitch where no matter what I couldn't press anything or even fire but I digress..
---
Currently studying the art of lazyness...
#14zhobanPosted 6/6/2013 11:01:44 AM
cloudmac posted...
Thats my bad I saw BW and just assumed it was at max level like the build zhoban gave me..

See I get those 2 reasons but I have had a few games recently where I have been holding A for 3 seconds and above and it doesn't revive them and I know no one was picking them up as I was the last man standing. .
I also had a rare glitch where no matter what I couldn't press anything or even fire but I digress..

The only reason I put weapons at max level is for the simple fact I didn't want to keep switching back and forth between your Manifest and the link. However, those would still be perfectly viable at the low levels you have them at. And it's best to have Fitness over Alliance Training. If you want a build that uses Alliance Training if your weapons don't give a good enough recharge then take Singularity to either 3 or 4 and then take Alliance Training to 4 or 5, depending on how far you take Singularity
---
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#15TemplariShadowPosted 6/6/2013 11:17:15 AM(edited)
cloudmac posted...
you have the fury and the acolyte. that's definitely a platinum viable combo. or with the human adept like mentioned above.

also, the krogan soldier/batarian adept with a claymore might be a good option for you, though you'd be limited on grenades...

I tried the fury for a bit but I didn't do too good with her maybe I just need more practice of her being so easy to down.

I haven't tried the krogan soldier but I have tried the kroguard and the krogan sentinel (biotic hammer is fun).. Are inferno grenades that good?

As for the box of shame deathscythe I haven't even played platinum yet I dont want to tarnish the experience haha
Although i suppose it would make it easier to get credits :S

As far as the Fury is concerned, I recently (yesterday-ish) played her for the first time after using mainly tankier kits for Challenge completions. Get used to standing behind cover, not actually in cover mind you, but standing and peeking out to fire off powers or weapon if a power is on cooldown. Eventually, you'll get the hang of how long it takes to deplete her shields when fired upon and know when to move sideways back into cover. On lower difficulties once you've got 2 powers fairly leveled (AF and Throw most like) you can run around priming and detonating like a madman. Having AH set up for drain (6B I wanna say?) should give you some barriers back. On higher difficulties I found myself casting DC, letting it run it's course on it's own and then the AF/Throw combo around my allies. If you can find a tank to hide behind a bit that helps. The Acolyte, once you get used to how it fires is great for stripping shields so you can get right at health or armor.
#16i5tioneyesPosted 6/6/2013 11:23:43 AM
black widow I + infiltrator as well as fury are platinum viable, but you probably wont be pulling your weight relative to your teammates assuming you guys are trying to complete matches quickly to rake in the credits, especially if you're going down alot

my suggestion is stay in gold until you max out your rares, gold gives you enough credits to alternate between specter and 99k packs every match, or use incendiary reegar + DoT power (warp, inferno grenades, incinerate, etc) so your dps will be on par with people with level X ultra rares and crap. or use a debuffing class to help out your teammates dps (tac scan, snap freeze, warp, recon mine, proxi mine, etc)
#17Xero_MachariusPosted 6/6/2013 9:02:10 PM
Just run a 4-person biotic death squad. GG.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#18zhobanPosted 6/6/2013 9:06:57 PM
Xero_Macharius posted...
Just run a 4-person biotic death squad. GG.

It's fun even with three people. Even when during that game someone gets a killstreak on friends and foes alike, not that I'm referencing any particular person.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#19ChrisZewskiPosted 6/6/2013 10:01:09 PM(edited)
cloudmac posted...

Make sure you are "looking" at the downed body. Having the prompt to revive does not guarantee you can revive. If you are already doing that, you might be lagging so bad that they have already bled out but your xbox doesn't know it yet.

Volus's Shield Boost is the most common culprit in regards to the locking-up of your character, however if no Volus are present it could be the lag monster again...