Platinum solo: Asari Valkyrie vs. Collectors/White... well, almost.

#1sheepman23Posted 6/10/2013 10:41:59 AM
As some of you may know, I've been trying to do a Valkyrie Platinum solo for about a month now. I've done probably 8 or 9 games having varied amounts of success against Collectors/White; I've tried different weapons, different gears, and different equipment, but this morning I finally got it. Well... kind of.

I completed the final objective and finished out the rest of Wave 10. At that point, I had one missile, one thermal clip pack, and one gel. So for the majority of extraction wave, I sort of ran around, killed a few Dragoons, and tried to avoid trouble. As the timer counted down, I got closer to extraction so that I could hide behind the fighter. The problem was that the two Primes and Praetorian decided to show up. I pull out my missile, and manage to kill all of them but one Prime. As I get down to eight or so seconds, a little band of Dragoons comes in and starts meleeing me. With no ops packs, I'm sort of screwed... and within three seconds of successfully extracting, I go down. Using a gel at that point didn't help me extract, but I still got a "Mission Successful" on the final screen:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff400/sheepman23/Asari%20Valkyrie%20Platinum%20solo/101_0108_zps88099406.jpg

Final score: 294,135
Final time: 75 minutes and 18 seconds

I guess I'll just assume that they dragged my lifeless asari body onto the shuttle, lol.

A little rundown of how each wave went:

1 - Pretty easy, no problems.
2 - Mildly difficult. Double Praetorians, and (I think) triple Possessed Scions is just really bad.
3 - I got the hack on the ledge that overlooks the lower outdoor area. Easy.
4 - This wave is awful. The main problem is that the budget consists of two Banshees and two Scions (neither of which are easy kills), and some Marauders and Captains. The mooks don't drain the spawn very quickly, so it takes a really long time to get through it. It's also very intense when you're being chased by two sync-kill enemies, getting bombarded by grenade clusters, and shot at by four mooks with Level M weapons. >__>
5 - Like Wave 1, it went very smoothly.
6 - I got objects for this one, and was lucky enough to have both of them pretty close to the LZ. The problems arose after when I nearly got killed by the Praetorians while trying to maneuver around an Atlas. I used a gel and probably a few ops packs there, but managed to make it out.
7 - As long as I managed to stay out of the Prime's line of sight, it was very smooth sailing. Bombers and Abominations are such easy kills for the Valkyrie, and thus do a great job of draining the spawn pool.
8 - Worst wave of the match. I used two missiles here after I got a ton of enemies to bunch up in the little central room, which helped... but trying to complete this wave by regular means is just insanely difficult. The pair of Primes can manage to lock down whole parts of the map, making it really difficult to kill anything. Atleast Pyros are pretty easy to take care of, as long as you don't let them catch you off guard.
9 - This actually wasn't so bad. I had a few close calls with Phantoms, but after using two missiles to help drain the spawn pool (and getting two killstreaks in the process), things went fairly well.
10 - I got the same hack as Wave 3, and actually did OK. I believe that I used one gel here at some point, and then unloaded a missile on three of four bosses that had bunched up in the little room. And one of the Banshees actually got stuck up on the walkway, which was really nice...

Equipment:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff400/sheepman23/Asari%20Valkyrie%20Platinum%20solo/101_0106_zps0bd52aa1.jpg

Responder Loadout
Warp Rounds
Cyclonic Modulator
Pistol Rail Amp

Used the Talon w/ Heavy Barrel and Piercing Mod.

Although I'm really, really disappointed that I didn't technically extract, I can't see myself ever doing that again. I got really lucky with objectives too.
#2SolidDroidPosted 6/10/2013 10:53:49 AM
Good stuff!
Congrats
---
Gamertag- DROlD
(I is a L)
#3sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 12:33:30 PM
Thanks. I've been thinking over the entire thing for about two hours now, and regretting my decision to run to the LZ so quickly... >__<

Whoever had the idea for Wave 11 of Collectors Platinum is a very cruel person.
#4zhobanPosted 6/10/2013 12:37:15 PM
Does this mean that everyone can play Collectors with you again? All jokes aside, congratulations dude. Sorry about sending you that message while you were probably doing a solo.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#5Mr_PipboyPosted 6/10/2013 12:48:36 PM
zhoban posted...
Does this mean that everyone can play Collectors with you again? All jokes aside, congratulations dude. Sorry about sending you that message while you were probably doing a solo.

With no team mates to kill, Collectors are a breeze for Sheep.

Well done. It almost inspires me to try again for that Plat solo ... almost.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#6zhobanPosted 6/10/2013 12:51:16 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
zhoban posted...

With no team mates to kill, Collectors are a breeze for Sheep.

Well done. It almost inspires me to try again for that Plat solo ... almost.

That's true.

If you do, good luck. We're all counting on you.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
#7sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 12:58:53 PM
Hey now, you two pipe down. Think of it as me saving you from a worse death, lol.

I actually did kill myself once with an A-Bomb. Normally I can get close to them and Warp + slide backward to avoid the explosion, but I was running past one that had like... a sliver of health left, and it blew up. I can't remember what wave it was, but I was so pissed.
#8zhobanPosted 6/10/2013 1:03:10 PM(edited)
sheepman23 posted...
Hey now, you two pipe down. Think of it as me saving you from a worse death, lol.

I actually did kill myself once with an A-Bomb. Normally I can get close to them and Warp + slide backward to avoid the explosion, but I was running past one that had like... a sliver of health left, and it blew up. I can't remember what wave it was, but I was so pissed.

So we should just come to the conclusion you are a sadist to someone in the group whether in solo or a group when it comes to Collectors?

That's a lot of why I never want to attempt a solo, especially against Collector. Because something will end up broken if that happens. I already get mad enough when I'm with a group, I couldn't imagine if I was doing a solo on one of the later waves and that happened.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
#9BiggyDXPosted 6/10/2013 2:45:16 PM
I don't think I'll attempt another Platinum solo run. Its a great challenge to know you've done it, but its nerve racking at the same time in preparation and execution.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#10Rafficus_IIIPosted 6/10/2013 3:02:55 PM
Still pretty impressive, Sheep. You'll get it sooner than you think.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs