Platinum solo: Asari Valkyrie vs. Collectors/White... well, almost.

#11sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 3:08:17 PM(edited)
BiggyDX posted...
I don't think I'll attempt another Platinum solo run. Its a great challenge to know you've done it, but its nerve racking at the same time in preparation and execution.

The worst part is wasting so many consumables to get it done. I went through like... 7 or 8 Cyclonic IV's and Shotgun Rail Amps, lol.

I originally was using the Wraith, but the other night I went to try it and didn't have any shotgun amps, so I put on a Talon instead. And I think I actually liked it better, since the Talon does better at a range. The Wraith is still really good though.
#12midsizelebowskiPosted 6/11/2013 7:40:31 AM
I say screw the technicalities! That's a completely legit solo, congrats man.
#13terrysmay04Posted 6/11/2013 8:14:24 AM
Question. By "almost" do you mean that you didn't do it? Because I read your story and it kinda sounds to me like you died. Y'know? I mean, you were marked as dead on the point screen so it REALLY seems like you didn't make it. Thus making this another failed platinum solo attempt ; )

All joking aside, nice work sheep. You are a far more patient man than me
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#14midsizelebowskiPosted 6/11/2013 10:21:13 AM
Hey what was your build? And if it was different from your normal Valkyrie build, what's your normal build?
#15sheepman23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 10:35:01 AM
@ Terry - Shush, you're makin' me look bad man! =(

midsizelebowski posted...
Hey what was your build? And if it was different from your normal Valkyrie build, what's your normal build?

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/AsariValkyrie/PRQAR//////

The only difference from my normal build is that I took Rank 5b of Annihilation Field instead of 5a. On a four-man squad, the Damage Taken bonus is better since it's a pretty powerful explosion, but the movement speed boost is better for soloing since it's more useful for survivability.
#16midsizelebowskiPosted 6/11/2013 10:45:40 AM
sheepman23 posted...
@ Terry - Shush, you're makin' me look bad man! =(

midsizelebowski posted...

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/AsariValkyrie/PRQAR//////

The only difference from my normal build is that I took Rank 5b of Annihilation Field instead of 5a. On a four-man squad, the Damage Taken bonus is better since it's a pretty powerful explosion, but the movement speed boost is better for soloing since it's more useful for survivability.

Aha! I'd been considering doing a 0 passive build. Thanks for confirming its greatness, I'll be speccing into it now.