Rate the Power Final Countdown! Day 1: Dark Sphere

#11DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 6/11/2013 10:23:52 PM
6 because it's long cooldown makes it far less versatile than other straight-up damage powers like the Flamer. It's damage itself is amazing... on Silver... but on Gold it's not enough to wipe out groups of mooks, almost worthless on bosses, and for some reason it's detonation doesn't trigger biotic or tech power combos. Add to that a long animation and slow travel speed that leaves you vulnerable and you're better off just playing a class who can put out the damage with grenades... or someone who can at least hit through walls to keep themself safe like the Project Phoenix characters.

Overall, not the worst power in the game, but inferior to many grenades in many respects.
#12BurstBearPosted 6/11/2013 10:59:17 PM

if you have someone with shockwave behind you?

100/10
#13zayn2123Posted 6/12/2013 5:47:39 AM
If it wasn't so buggy I'd give it an eight, but since it's glitched beyond repair a five.
---
Zayn
#14terrysmay04Posted 6/12/2013 11:48:31 AM

Its pretty badass looking, it does good damage along with priming multiple targets, and doesn't require a cooldown.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#15fpsfreak23Posted 6/12/2013 2:51:07 PM
Voted 9, but I want to change that to an 8. I'd consider it one of the best radius powers to use with a biotic-detonator buddy such as a Drell Adept or a Novaguard. Just two people can absolutely wreck every faction on Gold when coordinated well. Oh, and its priming-effect and the detonation goes through walls, which really comes in handy when using a Geth Scanner. Knocked off 2 points for the bugged evos and glitchiness off-host. The glitchiness can really hurt you because of DS long cooldown activating when it's not supposed to.

In short: Has its flaws, but can be looked past to see its amazing capability.
---
I am disappoint.
GT: Scatman Wenis
#16i5tioneyesPosted 6/12/2013 2:54:24 PM
Phase Disruptor 6.2

this was rated before the buff right?

also why does overload have 2 ratings? 8.3 & 8.4
#17fennell92(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 3:02:40 PM
i5tioneyes posted...
Phase Disruptor 6.2

I'm pretty sure the buff came after the original rate the power topics ended.

There are two ratings for overload because The last rate the power topic I could find was a "re-rate overload" topic. The old score was 8.3 and the new one is 8.4. I forgot to delete the old score.

Also, since there are like, no votes, I'll keep this one active until tomorrow and then do the seeker swarms.
#18i5tioneyesPosted 6/12/2013 3:05:09 PM
fennell92 posted...
i5tioneyes posted...
Phase Disruptor 6.2

I'm pretty sure the buff came after the original rate the power topics ended.

There are two ratings for overload because The last rate the power topic I could find was a "re-rate overload" topic. The old score was 8.3 and the new one is 8.4. I forgot to delete the old score.

Also, since there are like, no votes, I'll keep this one active until tomorrow and then do the seeker swarms.

cool. be sure to do re-rate for pd though somewhere down the line. looks like a few other powers could use a rerate but theyll probably end up with the same exact score ala overload that 6.2 for pd is egregious