Fun: Gold or Platinum?

#1TimeShinigamiPosted 6/14/2013 5:19:57 AM
What is more fun: Gold or Platinum? - Results (127 votes)
Gold
70.87% (90 votes)
Platinum
11.02% (14 votes)
Real Men Play Silver
18.11% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I hate Platinum. With Bioware's faulty Health/Armor/Shields-Barriers system, and it's over reliance on Armor, certain weapons and kits become useless on Plat. Then there's the ammo issues. Sure, the money is nice, but in two golds I can accomplish the same thing, as well as PuG it quite easier.

On Gold, I can use almost any weapon and any kit, and easily clear 100k. I can run bizarre builds for plenty of challenge. I don't have to swing a boot-stick at morons who refuse to use equipment (I won't kick below plat unless glitchkng or leeching; I have 0 problem carrying people, and on plat all I ask is that you help with objectives and use equipment- even if it's just explosive rounds!).

Same reasons why I won't do an insanity run, or worry about achievements, etc. The frustration overwhelms the fun unless you've got at least three dudes who know what they are doing, and even then Platinum is just boring.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#2DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 6/14/2013 6:13:23 AM
Gold for fun, Platinum is just boss spam.
#3NaughtyOctopusPosted 6/14/2013 6:37:32 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
Gold for fun, Platinum is just boss spam.

still waiting on you to explain how 90% of players in that thread aren't actually platinum players
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZO8EDRr.jpg <3
#4sheepman23Posted 6/14/2013 6:53:50 AM(edited)
Gold is for PUG'ing, Platinum is for friends.

Considering I play with friends nowadays more than I do randoms, I voted for Platinum. If you can get a good team together that knows how to kill things, Plat is more fun than Gold because you get mixed up factions and a bigger reward.

I don't think that "boss spam" is really a good argument since the majority of waves have one or two bosses, which isn't that much different from later Gold rounds.
#5perfect_generalPosted 6/14/2013 7:05:02 AM
Gold is more fun, platinum is for credits and even then it's a little bit of crapshoot with PUG's.
---
Gamefaqs Community ME 3 class rank list: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/66413152
#6TimeShinigami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:15:24 AM
I should add that I ask this because 3 of the 5 people on my friends list exclusively play Platinum, and always ask me if I prefer Gold or not. I usually just go along with it, despite my distaste.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#7TheHefHugsPosted 6/14/2013 7:34:01 AM
It's 50/50 for me if I'm alone I'll PUG Gold but if I'm with a team of friends Gold can get boring really fast so I guess I prefer Platinum?
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#8Sitrus_DaoraPosted 6/14/2013 7:36:07 AM
Gold. I have to actually try on Pt.
---
Got the wings of heaven on my shoes, I'm a dancing man and I just can't lose ^_^
XBL GT: SitrusDaora
#9FullMetalManiaPosted 6/14/2013 7:38:35 AM
Gold, given that I PUG the vast majority of the time. Platinum can be fun with friends, but it's just as often a chore.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#10Rafficus_IIIPosted 6/14/2013 7:40:56 AM
Gold: it has a nice flow to it, with the right amount of credits and challenge. Platinum I reserve for friends and will only indulge when I'm requested to take part. Outside of that, I PUG it up on Gold and run Gold lobbies with friends.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs