Community Game: How many tries does it take to get a Platinum match?

#1Havoc49JPosted 6/14/2013 4:41:00 PM
1. Missile Glitcher
2. Rio/Missile Glitcher
3. Rio/Missile Glitcher
4. Room number 2 again
5. Two Juggernauts and a Collector, no equipment
6. I'm going back to Skyrim.
#2sheepman23Posted 6/14/2013 4:44:23 PM
... And this is why I now reserve Platinum for friends. I hate wasting 30 minutes of my time just trying to find a legitimate match.
#3Mr_PipboyPosted 6/14/2013 5:07:37 PM
My experiences are a little different ... when I get to step 6 I play State of Decay.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#4garanPosted 6/14/2013 5:17:01 PM
I haven't run into any missile glitchers in at least a month if not 2. They must all play in the day, as I am on late night (post midnight CDT).
#5gunholePosted 6/14/2013 5:23:51 PM
Havoc49J posted...
1. Missile Glitcher
2. Rio/Missile Glitcher
3. Rio/Missile Glitcher
4. Room number 2 again
5. Two Juggernauts and a Collector, no equipment
6. I'm going back to Skyrim.

other than room 5 being pre-set to giant/reapers & that there were 3 more of them... yeah........
---
[redX] [redX]
#6Lord of NightmaresPosted 6/14/2013 6:41:55 PM
My latest attempts at joining a random Platinum match had me ending up in the same Hydra map 4 times with a lone player exploiting that glitch in one corner of the map (the one where you can somehow end up on top of that structure/cables and the enemies can't reach you), leaving the spawning area swarming with a ridiculous number of assorted Reaper units.

The fifth try had me joining a lobby with 2 AIUs and a Juggernaut. The first two were fully equipped, while the Juggernaut did not use any equipment whatsoever and had an N7 ranking of just under 200. The latter went down 4-5 times each wave during the first 2 waves alone and refused to revive himself, and eventually ragequit sometime before wave 3. The 3 of us managed to successfully complete the match with some difficulty (vs. Collectors), so yeah, at least it turned out well in the end.
#7Rafficus_IIIPosted 6/14/2013 7:52:37 PM
I make it to Step 2, then I go back to Gold, and if there's nothing good there: I either A) solo grind out weapon challenges, or B) play...... wait for it..... Dragon Age 2.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#8zhobanPosted 6/14/2013 7:55:39 PM
I'm random when it comes to Step 6 if I make it there. Sometimes it's Lollipop Chainsaw, sometimes it's Bulletstorm, and other times I just decide to play Infinite Undiscovery.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#9sheepman23Posted 6/14/2013 7:58:15 PM
It's funny, because soon after this thread was posted, Panda and I opened up a Platinum lobby, and we got two of the best randoms that I've ever done matches with. We proceeded to tear up a few games with all-biotic squads, and it was actually really fun. We didn't go down very much, and we were finishing in a little over 20 minutes for each one.

Why can't I get randoms like that when I'm by myself? Lol.
#10Rafficus_IIIPosted 6/14/2013 8:00:25 PM
sheepman23 posted...
It's funny, because soon after this thread was posted, Panda and I opened up a Platinum lobby, and we got two of the best randoms that I've ever done matches with. We proceeded to tear up a few games with all-biotic squads, and it was actually really fun. We didn't go down very much, and we were finishing in a little over 20 minutes for each one.

Why can't I get randoms like that when I'm by myself? Lol.

There's your answer. You had the power of the Panda.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs