Learning to use under appreciated classes on platinum

#1RophlecktuinePosted 6/14/2013 7:12:56 PM
I would love to start sharing some of the ways I handle platinum with the underused kits, and was wondering if some other players who have found effective (or just fun) ways of using them would like to share as well. Perhaps we could ignite some interest in those kits?

I think the first step would be establishing which kits are less used, but have great potential.

Also, I've mostly met my goal of making a build demo vid for all the classes, though there are some I havent done yet. Now I've been thinking about doing collaborative videos on how to put together good teams, or good duo teams. Any thoughts?
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#2BiggyDXPosted 6/14/2013 7:31:53 PM
Human Infiltrators are pretty underused, but I frequently use her as one of my go to classes right along side the Human Soldier. I normally put a shotgun on her too. I know most people would like to substitute out a shotgun infiltrator build with the AIU, since she's better all-around for a shotgun infiltrator. That being said, I like the ability of cryo blast having the long range homing ability.

Typically I do 6/6/0/6/6

TC: Damage/Recharge/Bonus Power
Cryo Blast: Radius/Cryo Explosion/Frozen Vulnerability
Passive: All weapon damage
Fitness: All shields

For weapons, I normally put the Crusader on her. Its a tricky weapon to master, but the inherent AP it has means I can just put on thermal clips and damage for weapon mods. Since its already accurate, it practically is a sniper rifle substitute and with the right bonus mods you can watch it burn through armor pretty quickly. More so when cryo blasted.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#3TheHefHugsPosted 6/14/2013 7:34:42 PM
You mentioned a cryo blast build to Dorick? What were you thinking?
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#4Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:36:07 PM
TheHefHugs posted...

cryo blast shotgun build on human infiltrator makes sense, but begs the question, why not the AIU? Part of being fun is having variety, but the two setups are very similar, and one makes the other obsolete.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#5Rafficus_IIIPosted 6/14/2013 7:47:09 PM
We probably should start running some of the vanilla humans.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#6TheHefHugsPosted 6/14/2013 7:55:12 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
TheHefHugs posted...

cryo blast shotgun build on human infiltrator makes sense, but begs the question, why not the AIU? Part of being fun is having variety, but the two setups are very similar, and one makes the other obsolete.

Yeah I def. run 6 in cryo blast on him, I was just joking.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#7Mr_PipboyPosted 6/14/2013 9:32:17 PM
I've been having fun with a weapons build human sentinel. Use warp and then blast away with warp rounds (I use the hurricane). Its pretty neat.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#8BiggyDXPosted 6/14/2013 10:38:08 PM
Well hey man, if you need someone to play a human infiltrator just give me a shout-out.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#9MegaTape13Posted 6/14/2013 10:39:55 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...

I wouldn't say obsolete, just realistically outshone. Cryo Blast is a better debuff than Snap Freeze, and the Stickies pack a huge punch against armor. The HI's burst damage is higher than the AIU's, right?

That said though, I'd consider most HI shotgun builds pretty typical and uninteresting. I like the class and have been advocating for it basically since release, but a Claymore/Raider/Piranha/etc. essentially plays the same on every infiltrator. There is nothing intriguing or special there.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#10BurstBearPosted 6/14/2013 10:47:19 PM
Salarian "worst class in the game" Engineer.

Venom + Incendiary Ammo + Decoy = lol