Good characters as "host" but terrible/mediocre "off-host"

#11MacSwolePosted 7/7/2013 4:26:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12MacSwolePosted 7/7/2013 4:27:22 PM
thank god i use ghost+harrier a lot, i don't have to deal with recoil problems or biotic detonations not exploding.

weapons classes aren't that much affected by off host
#13WatermelonFartsPosted 7/7/2013 4:33:11 PM
MacSwole posted...
thank god i use ghost+harrier a lot, i don't have to deal with recoil problems or biotic detonations not exploding.

**** you
---
:^)
#14MedicFromHellPosted 7/7/2013 4:51:43 PM
GI melee.
---
Some people call him a space cowboy, some call him the Robosexual of love - Spider Raff
#15FullMetalManiaPosted 7/7/2013 6:24:52 PM
MedicFromHell posted...
GI melee.

I haven't used the Melee Infiltrator in such a long time. He seems too squishy nowadays. How is he?
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#16JedisenseiPosted 7/7/2013 6:35:51 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
perfusionman posted...
Fury. She's the squishiest possible character, she's always standing right next to a baddie, and if she misses with Throw, she's toast.

i'm not sure fury is the squishiest character

Volus kits come to mind, and drells. But not affected by lag* as much as Fury, which is more OT...

*vanguards excluded, obviously
#17zayn2123Posted 7/8/2013 5:32:03 AM
WatermelonFarts posted...
MacSwole posted...

**** you

Seconded.
---
Zayn
#18GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/8/2013 9:00:20 PM
classes that suffer the most from being off host:

any vanguards (charge sucks off host)

any turians that need stability (broken)

talon (arrows will suck)

collector (dark sphere will suck)
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#19MegaTape13Posted 7/8/2013 10:20:08 PM
I really disagree with people saying grenades are bad off-host. Yeah the throw is delayed and occasionally they won't register/explode at all, but given that they have no cooldown and good splash damage I'd much rather have to rely on them than common projectile powers like Incinerate or Warp. Those often miss or travel directly through enemies, then leave you waiting with a cooldown.

For whatever it's worth, I usually don't host and this game has always laggy pretty terribly for me, and I use grenade classes maybe 3/4 of the time.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#20sheepman23Posted 7/8/2013 11:06:52 PM
I never, ever host because of my terrible connection, and grenade classes can be very tricky if you're just throwing blanks all of the time. I do agree that they can be better than projectile powers though since most grenades will not miss their targets due to radius.
---
GT - Sheepman2342