Most useless Bonus Power?

#1hghgnbnbPosted 7/15/2013 4:45:08 AM
Here's an interesting discussion. Which Bonus Power is the least useful?

For me: Proximity Mine. Whether an enemy steps on it is left to luck and, while you can launch it directly at an opponent, carnage does the job better for a shorter cooldown.
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#2NafzgerPosted 7/15/2013 4:46:35 AM
Are you talking about SP? How would prox mine not be more useful than carnage? It's all about the damage increase. If you take radius and you aim it right, it will surely catch someone, and then they take extra damage.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#3hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 4:57:43 AM
Nafzger posted...
Are you talking about SP? How would prox mine not be more useful than carnage? It's all about the damage increase. If you take radius and you aim it right, it will surely catch someone, and then they take extra damage.

There are tons of other debuffing powers in the game. The only class that doesn't have one is the Soldier. It's damage output is low and it's weakening effect will likely be redundant
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#4WatermelonFartsPosted 7/15/2013 5:00:53 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
Nafzger posted...

There are tons of other debuffing powers in the game. The only class that doesn't have one is the Soldier. It's damage output is low and it's weakening effect will likely be redundant

nope
---
:^)
#5SageOfLifePosted 7/15/2013 5:01:02 AM
Weakening effects stack. On-topic, I would say Decoy. If it moved I might find it useful but since it just stands there, even the explosive upgrade hardly helps at all.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#6hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 5:08:47 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Weakening effects stack. On-topic, I would say Decoy. If it moved I might find it useful but since it just stands there, even the explosive upgrade hardly helps at all.

I know, but with all these extra powers from which to choose, I hate wasting that on a power that does something another power does. That's why I don't take Carnage if I have Concussive Shot, I don't take Lash if I have Pull, I don't take Energy Drain if I have Overload. So, I don't take Proximity Mine if I have, Warp, Cryo Blast, Cryo Ammo, etc.

By the way, how viable is Defense Drone? I figure that would be a decent companion for CQC or an early warning system of sorts for flankers when you're sniping
---
#7sheepman23Posted 7/15/2013 5:13:38 AM
Defense Drone is pretty bad.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#8SageOfLifePosted 7/15/2013 5:28:02 AM
hghgnbnb posted...
SageOfLife posted...

I know, but with all these extra powers from which to choose, I hate wasting that on a power that does something another power does. That's why I don't take Carnage if I have Concussive Shot, I don't take Lash if I have Pull, I don't take Energy Drain if I have Overload. So, I don't take Proximity Mine if I have, Warp, Cryo Blast, Cryo Ammo, etc.

By the way, how viable is Defense Drone? I figure that would be a decent companion for CQC or an early warning system of sorts for flankers when you're sniping

Defense Drone at least has uses for Vanguards and any snipers. Unlike Decoy. I don't like overlapping powers either. That's why I don't take Reave when I have Warp. But even with that restriction, Proximity Mine is still helpful on pretty much anything except an Adept or a Sentinel.
---
#9bloodgod92Posted 7/15/2013 5:28:39 AM
Decoy or Defense Drone.

I do agree with proxy mine not being so great SP... is there really any enemy on Single Player that requires the Debuff? I would much prefer Carnage, more so on the Vanguard than anything, but I would probably take Shield Drain, Slam or Barrier/Fortification/Defense Matrix... I have not tried out the Omega bonus powers yet, so cannot comment on them.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - Skyrim
#10SageOfLifePosted 7/15/2013 5:37:19 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
Decoy or Defense Drone.

I do agree with proxy mine not being so great SP... is there really any enemy on Single Player that requires the Debuff? I would much prefer Carnage, more so on the Vanguard than anything, but I would probably take Shield Drain, Slam or Barrier/Fortification/Defense Matrix... I have not tried out the Omega bonus powers yet, so cannot comment on them.

Atlases, Banshees, Brutes, Harvesters, and Geth Primes.
---