Most useless Bonus Power?

#51SageOfLifePosted 7/16/2013 7:51:19 AM
No class needs a bonus power. That's why they're called bonus powers. They add something extra, but they're not needed on any class.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#52bloodgod92Posted 7/16/2013 7:53:18 AM
I like how this turned from a friendly discussion over bonus powers to a "Your Vanguard Sucks" insult-fest...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - Skyrim
#537Nitro7Blazer7Posted 7/16/2013 8:52:21 AM(edited)
I bloody haye this double posting phone.
---
I'm a real Porcupine and I have sharp Quills!
The Infamous Cap'n Ennbeard!
#54hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 11:57:20 AM
CuddlyDoll posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
He's one of those Vanguards... The kind the just continuously Charge>Nova everything... I hate those guys...

If you knew how to abuse invincibility frames via Nova canceling I'm sure you would too. for a Vanguard, Charge and Nova is all you really need. Inferno Grenades are just icing on the cake. icing that makes badguys do a lot more exploding.

I do know how. I choose not too because it's cheap and boring. I play the Vanguard to feel like a badass, not a pansy that needs to stay invincible because I suck otherwise...
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#55sheepman23Posted 7/16/2013 12:26:47 PM
This whole Reave argument is dumb. Reave + Charge is a good combo that takes like 2 or 3 more seconds to do. It gives you extra DR that stacks onto Biotic Charge's DR in addition to some extra boss DPS, and way to generate biotic explosions on the Vanguard (especially when you consider Shockwave). Charge + Nova is obviously awesome, but that's a really boring way to play the entire SP...
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#56NaughtyOctopusPosted 7/16/2013 12:39:54 PM
hghgnbnb posted...
CuddlyDoll posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
He's one of those Vanguards... The kind the just continuously Charge>Nova everything... I hate those guys...

If you knew how to abuse invincibility frames via Nova canceling I'm sure you would too. for a Vanguard, Charge and Nova is all you really need. Inferno Grenades are just icing on the cake. icing that makes badguys do a lot more exploding.

I do know how. I choose not too because it's cheap and boring. I play the Vanguard to feel like a badass, not a pansy that needs to stay invincible because I suck otherwise...

lol wat
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZO8EDRr.jpg <3
#57hghgnbnb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 7:07:45 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
CuddlyDoll posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

lol wat

Charge>Nova-ing through the whole campaign is cheap and boring and makes you look like a wuss
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#58Enemy_AC130Posted 7/16/2013 7:16:16 PM
hghgnbnb posted...
NaughtyOctopus posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
CuddlyDoll posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

lol wat

Charge>Nova-ing through the whole campaign is cheap and boring and makes you look like a wuss

Yeah, because Reave>Nova and Reave>charge>Nova is sooo much more exciting, and since you're calling charge>nova cheap, I guess you're agreeing that Reave on the vanguard is useless.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#59kelvingabaldoncPosted 7/16/2013 7:33:41 PM(edited)
In my opinion, Energy drain is a better option for a vanguard. If you need fast explosions, settle for fire or ice versions (shoot with incendiary or cryo ammo then charge) since casting reave then waiting to charge takes too long. And yes, my cooldown is 200%, I use the cerberus armor that grants fast cooldowns, & reave STILL takes too long.

You can't charge everything in this game (ex. If enemy is on a ledge). This is especially true in the first level of the citadel dlc, where you're one shot away from death & everyone is shielded (or later, when CAT6 starts to use omni-shields); energy drain makes your shields stronger by depleting the enemy's. Another nice tactic is to drain shields, nova, charge, & repeat.

Please offer opinions & suggestions without trolling.
---
Kelvin G.
#60JedisenseiPosted 7/16/2013 9:13:23 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
hghgnbnb posted...
CuddlyDoll posted...
hghgnbnb posted...

lol wat

Took the meme from my mouth.