What are some good set ups for trying to start going Gold?

#1MrBombasticaIPosted 7/24/2013 5:00:15 AM
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/?name=subtekjr&platform=ps3

My manifest. I've mostly played Bronze and Silver, but I'd like to get back into Gold at some stage. I played like one game of it and then my PS3 crashed and I haven't been back into MP for a long while. Since getting my PS3 fixed, I've done Bronze and Silver though. Any way, can you guys recommend me some good set ups for playing Gold, with what I have so far?
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled multiple females across the galaxy.
#2bloodgod92Posted 7/24/2013 5:18:05 AM
You really should play more Silver, you have less than 100 games and a newb manifest, and the jump to Gold is hard. If you insist on doing it though, go for the Geth Infiltrator with Widow(Extended Barrel and Thermal Clip mods...)

I would not normally recommend it, but because you are new, it may be best for you to skip Hunter Mode on him... put the points into fitness. Perhaps something like this:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#55!5811534!!22X151!EE.AG

Hunter mode cuts your shields in half, so you are more likely to be killed while using it, more so when you are not an experienced player. However, if you wish to take it, try something like this:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#55!5811534!!22X151!EE775

It will allow you to use Proximity Mine more often, see through walls, weapon damage bonus and still have some fitness...

If you play this, try to shoot from cover, as it is a single shot sniper rifle, you may want to take the extra second or two to line up headshots, rather than quick scoping it.

Help with objectives, stick close to team mates, but not so close that you will all die if a grenade is thrown at you, not to far away that you are a pain to revive. If an enemy gets within melee range of you, do not try to scope a headshot on it, shoot your Proximity mine at the floor, cloak and get out of there (preferably you just kite the enemy a bit and get back to the group)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - Skyrim
#3MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 5:23:21 AM
I've been playing since the game came out, I had a massive binge when it first came out and did make the jump to gold already, I just lost that edge in it. i've been using the Geth but with the Mantis for weight benefit, so I can spend ages in Tac Cloak. Thanks for the advice, I might stay at Silver a bit longer then. I've been trying to get more credits to get more Vet Packs for now until I have a good part of my Uncommons filled out, which is why I was thinking of Gold again. Eh, a Vet every silver match is pretty decent anyway, and I might go for getting Equipment Packs until I get my Medi-Gels back up to speed.
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled multiple females across the galaxy.
#4zhobanPosted 7/24/2013 5:25:58 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
You really should play more Silver, you have less than 100 games and a newb manifest, and the jump to Gold is hard. If you insist on doing it though, go for the Geth Infiltrator with Widow(Extended Barrel and Thermal Clip mods...)

Do this part of it. However, the build should be this - http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/PIRND//////

If you don't have a piercing mod, use AP Rounds with your Widow. If you need to, use this build on Bronze and Silver to get used to him and learn how to reload cancel if you don't know how to already. Also, always use Cloak before any power. You will get a damage boost and you won't get the full recharge of the power. So if you need to get out of a spot, cloak then fire your PM. Or just cloak.
---
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox
#5bloodgod92Posted 7/24/2013 5:29:09 AM
MrBombasticaI posted...
I've been playing since the game came out,

You have played 24 hours 24 minutes and 44 seconds of multiplayer, across 78 games... you do know that game came out a year and a half ago, right? That means you have played an average of 4 games per month, or one per week... I honestly advice sticking with silver, at least until you unlock a few more things... try saving for 2 silver games and buying Spectre Packs...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - Skyrim
#6Cthe34TruthPosted 7/24/2013 5:31:26 AM
Try the Geth Infiltrator with Claymoarh4x. Use smart choke and high velocity barrel (if you have it). build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/FIONJ//////
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn @_@
yoyo - you only yolo once
#7MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 5:33:03 AM(edited)
bloodgod92 posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...
I've been playing since the game came out,

You have played 24 hours 24 minutes and 44 seconds of multiplayer, across 78 games... you do know that game came out a year and a half ago, right? That means you have played an average of 4 games per month, or one per week... I honestly advice sticking with silver, at least until you unlock a few more things... try saving for 2 silver games and buying Spectre Packs...

Yes, I had a period of a year or so where I didn't play at all after I finished the story and my PS3 crashed, so I lost my PS3 for about 8 months too, until I got a replacement. I'll be sticking with silver anyway though.

Also, a good part of my time has been playing on Insanity on the campaign of all three games. I've finished the story of the series 4 times.
---
#8MrBombasticaI(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 5:34:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll take it all to heart and go for Silver with the GI. Build doesn't matter right now, as I'm resetting all my classes before I actually try and go Gold, just so I can experiment now and build for strengths afterwards.
---
#9phishfacePosted 7/24/2013 5:59:09 AM
I've just recently moved to gold for some classes. The easiest one by far is Krogan Vanguard but only vs. Geth. Set up your own lobby to prevent lag. Then biotic charge + melee everything. The Geth have no sync kill, so as long as you keep charging (which recharges your barrier), you're safe. Equip a very light weapon - you'll hardly ever use it and you need very fast cooldown. And watch out for bombers: they can stagger you so you can't charge, which means you die quick with this very aggressive playstyle.
---
Gamertag: puremintoil