geth juggernaut woes......

#1ANARCHYRULZPosted 7/28/2013 12:59:38 PM
i really dont want to be the jugg that just stands there with heavy melee entire game and scores 20k lol

also is siege pulse and hex shield a tech power? im not sure if omni capacitors or engineering kit do anything?

i want to be more offensive so is it worth going for more damage on last rank of siege pulse instead of number of pulses

i have seen a couple of no turret builds or no hex build. are there any builds that use all his powers?

definitely noticed that weapons like lancer, particle rifle and even collector smg really suit him since he doesnt have to walk to ammo box

his speed is so bad lol, was thinking of using spitfire but that decreases your movement and havent even seen what that might feel like on the jugg
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#2MJOLNRVIIPosted 7/28/2013 1:09:59 PM
The Spitfire doesn't actually do anything to the Juggernaut's movement speed. I'd go with another weapon though as it's not too great on the damage side, Geth weapon boost or not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WwQEJ.jpg
#3rfr6073Posted 7/28/2013 2:01:58 PM
I have only used the Juggernaut build a couple of times as I prefer fast moving and agile kits. However, I find there are several builds for this kit, some specializing on weapon damage, others on power damage. I find that having a good weapon makes all the difference in choosing your build.

If you have weapons builds but lack a good weapon, you will be heavy meleeing most of the match, you will be unable to kill anything before they close in on you. In this case spec into power damage to at least delay the enemies advancing on you, if you have a weapon with area effect projectiles such as a venom your ammo equipment can prime multiple enemies for detonations with siege pulse shots. A 66606 build would for example be effective at this. A power build flamethrower turret is also useful in setting up targets for a siege pulse detonated fire explosions.

If you acquire a good fully automatic weapon like a PPR and level it up some (alternatives would be the Typhoon, Harrier or Spitfire for example), you might consider a weapons build. If you spec your skills correctly only the Harrier build will have you walking to the ammo box regularly. A 36566 or a 56366 build is what I use in this case.

Yes all the Juggernaut's powers are tech powers and Juggernaut shield gear is what I normally use. And as stated above, the Spitfire does not decrease the movement speed of the Juggernaut.
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#4CastingCouchPosted 7/28/2013 2:08:50 PM
the purpose of the jugg is to hold aggro(especially phantoms and banshees in platinum). That way, the gameplay would be more efficient.

if you want a damage dealing class, then do not pick the jugg

TGI+harrier X would be the choice
#5rfr6073Posted 7/28/2013 2:15:45 PM
He does not want to heavy melee the whole game, suggest builds to him why don't you.
---
GT: Pharsalus48
#6ANARCHYRULZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 2:53:34 PM
lol casting couch not sure if you are sarcastic but regardless that name lol i think i know of your website
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#7NefhithPosted 7/28/2013 3:12:54 PM(edited)
I mainly run mine like this:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/GethJuggernaut/RORNP//////

Use him with the spitfire or PPR, shoot your turret somewhere where it can heal you and isn't too exposed to the firefight (so it doesn't die too much, but can help you distracting some enemies), always have siege pulse activated for a 40% damage reduction and melee kill lesser mooks like husks or basic troopers to get movement speed bonuses.

The hex shield is really useful if you like standing in the very damn middle of the map so you can cover one side while shooting the other side. The resistance and duration bonuses are really useful if you play gold/platinum, and if a teammate dies or you see they need help or are being crowded, shoot your siege pulses at them so the radius can stagger or even knockdown some enemies.

Adrenaline mod III is optional, but really helpful.
---
Hold A, let it go and press it again.
#8Xero_MachariusPosted 7/28/2013 4:53:49 PM
remember that siege pulse fires about 60% slower off host
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero M XTC&platform=xbox
#9NinjaWarrior818Posted 7/28/2013 4:58:45 PM
Nefhith posted...

Use him with the spitfire or PPR, shoot your turret somewhere where it can heal you and isn't too exposed to the firefight (so it doesn't die too much, but can help you distracting some enemies), always have siege pulse activated for a 40% damage reduction and melee kill lesser mooks like husks or basic troopers to get movement speed bonuses.

The hex shield is really useful if you like standing in the very damn middle of the map so you can cover one side while shooting the other side. The resistance and duration bonuses are really useful if you play gold/platinum, and if a teammate dies or you see they need help or are being crowded, shoot your siege pulses at them so the radius can stagger or even knockdown some enemies.

wtf, 6/6/6/6/6 build?

Lmao so i've been arguing with a cheater the whole time?

i'm disappointed in you
#10NefhithPosted 7/28/2013 5:08:16 PM(edited)
NinjaWarrior818 posted...
Nefhith posted...

wtf, 6/6/6/6/6 build?

Lmao so i've been arguing with a cheater the whole time?

i'm disappointed in you

It's not cheating if no one sees it.

Don't start a flame war in another one's thread. Don't you see my harrier is still at II? (http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Nefhith&platform=xbox) I need help to be able to do something as good as you do.

Back on topic: the juggernaut is a really fun character with that build, and used properly with some friends or playing with people with mics, you can be a really valuable teammate in any ocassion, because you can heal, tank, block 3/4 of the enemies in a corridor receiving damage only from melee attacks and explosions (hex shield) or a huge stunning machine that can "throw" shielded enemies (phantoms).

Oh, and:

Xero_Macharius posted...
remember that siege pulse fires about 60% slower off host

---
Hold A, let it go and press it again.