Essential DLC?

#11bloodgod92Posted 7/29/2013 3:10:24 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Omega is really underrated. It wasn't near as bad as most make it out to be.

I don't think it was bad, I just don't think it was worth the price I payed... which was 50% off...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92 - bloodgod91
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 - Skyrim
#12roo10158Posted 7/29/2013 3:20:42 PM
Of course, you need to pick up the free Extended Cut DLC

From Ashes- I'd do it after Sur'Kesh.

Leviathan- I split up into three parts. The first part (Citadel: Dr. Bryson through the Mahavid: Leviathan) after Citadel: II. The second part (Citadel: Leviathan II through Namakli: Leviathan) after Rannoch. The final part (Citadel: Leviathan III through Despoina: Leviathan) after Horizon.

Citadel- If Tali survived ME2, I'd do the Shore Leave mission after Rannoch. If Tali is dead, I'd do it after Citadel II. The party is best left till after Horizon.

If you like Omega and Aria from ME2 enough, I'd suggest you get Omega and do it after Citadel II, but it isn't necessary like the other story DLC's
---
Preordered- PS4, GTAV. Waiting to preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises (not in order)- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#13TimeShinigamiPosted 7/29/2013 3:24:59 PM
One thing: Everyone will tell you to do Sur'kesh before doing From Ashes because it ruins a certain boss reveal... This ignores the fact that Jack's Sidequest unlocks immediately before Sur'kesh and you encounter a bunch of em.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#14PoopMasterGoetzPosted 7/29/2013 3:52:52 PM(edited)
From Ashes is priority one, Leviathan is priority 2. Citadel is not essential by any means. It's a comic relief sidestory with no relevance to the plot.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#15roo10158Posted 7/29/2013 4:35:39 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
One thing: Everyone will tell you to do Sur'kesh before doing From Ashes because it ruins a certain boss reveal... This ignores the fact that Jack's Sidequest unlocks immediately before Sur'kesh and you encounter a bunch of em.

You can do Grissom Academy after Sur'Kesh too
---
Preordered- PS4, GTAV. Waiting to preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises (not in order)- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#16e101gamma(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 1:23:47 AM
What about dlc for single player weapons? Specifically assault rifles?
#17dsky9000Posted 8/5/2013 1:33:32 AM
Citadel DLC I do recommend Zaeed Price of Revenge frome the ceberus network and Kasumi Stolen Memories installed before doing it and keep Wrex alive in ME1 for the best content out of it.Which means you need a loyal Kasumi and Zaeed to survive the SM loyal. If unloyal and they survive in ME3 they will die in the parts they appear in ME3.
---
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
(www.myspace.com/nightvayne for all my decks.)
#18ZERO2936Posted 8/5/2013 1:37:22 AM(edited)
Citadel is the only essential one, I think. It has something for everyone, really.

As for the others, From Ashes adds a great character, but is a pretty boring actual mission. Leviathan's actual story is pretty bad, and it makes the ending even worse, but it does have a good atmosphere throughout, and has some of the exploration the previous games had but ME3 lacked. Omega is good if you like the combat.

The weapon packs are also certainly worth getting.