Aside from the ending, War Assets has to be the worst idea Bioware thought up.

#11Rafficus_IIIPosted 7/30/2013 9:35:15 PM
I'll agree that it ruined it's replayability. I have enough war assets and EMS offline, that I can get High EMS Destroy four times over. It completely short-sells the struggle of crafting the perfect galaxy for a certain solution.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#12WelcommattPosted 7/30/2013 10:03:24 PM
I feel if fans of the series wrote me3 then it would be a 200 hour, epic masterpiece with dozens of different endings and hundreds of possible cutscenes. It would go down in history as the game of the century and put a new standard on shooters.
#13SetsunaFSPosted 7/30/2013 11:29:03 PM
It doesn't help that a lot of War Assets centered around The Crucible. Instead of helping fight the Reapers, you mean to tell me that the Rachni are just hanging out with engineers and building The Crucible? That's beyond stupid.

Still love the game though. But War Assets could have been done better.
---
Yes, this is my sig.
#14LatchKeyKidPosted 7/30/2013 11:44:01 PM
I think they bit off more than they could chew with trying to create a trilogy where everything you do matters. War assets were what they could implement in the limited dev time they were granted. I wish they'd told us "hey guys this is only going to boil down to a number so don't get too excited" back in ME1. Or at the very least didn't puff up the idea of the war assets so much pre-release.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#15phishfacePosted 7/30/2013 11:47:00 PM
I started playing multiplayer to try to change one single piece of dialogue. In London, Hackett says something about there being a disappointing number of troops that turned up for the final battle. I wanted 100% GR so London would be flooded with allied troops.

Turns out that piece of dialogue doesn't change at all. But I'm glad I started mp anyway
---
Gamertag: puremintoil
#16Mr_arizonaPosted 7/31/2013 12:34:35 AM
Welcommatt posted...
I feel if fans of the series wrote me3 then it would be a 200 hour, epic masterpiece with dozens of different endings and hundreds of possible cutscenes. It would go down in history as the game of the century and put a new standard on shooters.

And bankrupt EA.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#17DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 7/31/2013 12:35:03 AM
Welcommatt posted...

Have you ever been to Deviantart or Fanfiction.net? Letting fans write the story is a terrible, TERRIBLE idea. I guarentee they'd somehow manage to fit Sonic OCs (original characters) and vampires into it somehow.
#18InxentasPosted 7/31/2013 2:58:05 AM
Alpha Protocol was amazing in concept, wonky in execution. Still, after AP I had high hopes BioWare would do something similar with ME3. They completely dropped the ball and I lost my will to pay full-price for any future BioWare games. Oh how the times have changed... :-(
---
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
#19jaytheultimatePosted 7/31/2013 3:14:58 AM
TC Mass Effect is not much of an RPG these days. It is an action game with lite RPG elements. They gave up most of the RPG elements after 1. Because apparently things like "Gamers are too stoopid to understand an inventory system" as one excuse to get rid of elements like that. Sure the combat was the weak point to the first game but to chop out most of the RPG elements seems like a bad thing. (He says as he plays ME3 multiplayer for over 900 hours :P )

Yes the war asset system should have been better implemented. It should have has a direct impact on the end fight and to tie in the galactic readiness. At certain percentages the amount of allied forces you see getting beaten would change.

One of the things that stood out is the assets that add defence to the crucible its self, which do nothing except raise the number of asset points. I think there should have been a chance to fail at getting the crucible in to place.

Then of course the big one. If you have maximum war assets and 100% galactic readiness you SHOULD be able to win the fight if you refuse the BS choices of the (lol fail) reaper intelligence.
---
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
(V) (;,,;) (V) Zoidberg FTW
#20SinisterSamuraiPosted 7/31/2013 3:47:18 AM
You guys remember the suicide mission in ME2? For some reason, back around ME2's release, BW had to explain in a blog post what the hell was going on there, because people couldn't understand it. Tali dies, even if she's loyal!? while Zaeed lives even though you intentionally made him non-loyal! The system apparently wasn't transparent enough in-game, and ME3 ends up over correcting this as a result.

Thanks guys, it was you that ****ed up ME3 by being dumb about ME2.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.