Aside from the ending, War Assets has to be the worst idea Bioware thought up.

#21WatermelonFartsPosted 7/31/2013 3:49:17 AM
SinisterSamurai posted...
You guys remember the suicide mission in ME2? For some reason, back around ME2's release, BW had to explain in a blog post what the hell was going on there, because people couldn't understand it. Tali dies, even if she's loyal!? while Zaeed lives even though you intentionally made him non-loyal! The system apparently wasn't transparent enough in-game, and ME3 ends up over correcting this as a result.

Thanks guys, it was you that ****ed up ME3 by being dumb about ME2.

something tells me this is isn't the case
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyEd0aKWZE
#22dekouPosted 7/31/2013 4:58:36 AM
Outside of BG2's companions, BW has never managed to make choice matter. Every time they start hyping a new game, they promise a huge amount of choice and consequence, every time their fans eat it up and every time they get some "you can kill this random NPC now" faux choices.

Obsidian is good at making choices that actually matter somewhat in the long run, as is CD Project Red. They also have better writers, but I guess people only care about "epicness" and big explosions, which is why some actually believe Bethesda and BioWare write high-quality stories. Humor is pretty much all BW has managed to do right lately and Beth doesn't have even that.
#23CrusnikCainPosted 7/31/2013 5:25:24 AM(edited)
People actually think Bethesda has good story writers their sandbox games are fun to explore but the story's suck
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#24WatermelonFartsPosted 7/31/2013 6:07:09 AM
CrusnikCain posted...
People actually think Bethesda has good story writers their sandbox games are fun to explore but the story's suck

yep
skyrim is very disappointing, definitely not the game everyone hyped it up to be. not even half as good as they say
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyEd0aKWZE
#25CorvusXIXPosted 7/31/2013 6:30:09 AM
WatermelonFarts posted...
CrusnikCain posted...

yep
skyrim is very disappointing, definitely not the game everyone hyped it up to be. not even half as good as they say

Both of these statements are true, for me at least. I'm a fan of bethesda due in part to the fallout series, but will admit, the stories are meh, i go back to the game wasteland in regards to being a fallout fan. @WatermelonFarts, with me playing my first run through skyrim, i'll say you summed it up best, "vast as an ocean, deep as a puddle".
---
GT: RavenGuard19
#26meltor13Posted 7/31/2013 6:39:33 AM
I liked the IDEA of the War Assets...it just wasn't implemented as well as I'd hope. It would've been nice to see some of the larger assets at work near the end, IMO.

But meh.
---
Mario Kart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#27DestinPosted 7/31/2013 7:43:44 AM
War Assets is the single worse thing in this game, part of why the ending is so bad is because of War Assets, without War Assets you would have more diverse ending scenes.
---
Destin the Valiant
#28jodiebigballsPosted 7/31/2013 8:08:51 AM
Mr_arizona posted...
Welcommatt posted...
I feel if fans of the series wrote me3 then it would be a 200 hour, epic masterpiece with dozens of different endings and hundreds of possible cutscenes. It would go down in history as the game of the century and put a new standard on shooters.

And bankrupt EA.

Surely that's a win-win?
---
GT: Laser PeowPeow
#29Mr_arizonaPosted 7/31/2013 2:38:03 PM
jodiebigballs posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
Welcommatt posted...
I feel if fans of the series wrote me3 then it would be a 200 hour, epic masterpiece with dozens of different endings and hundreds of possible cutscenes. It would go down in history as the game of the century and put a new standard on shooters.

And bankrupt EA.

Surely that's a win-win?

Despite EA's evil tactics and swallowing smaller companies whole they do have a great selection of games people play. We may not even be on the ME3 boards right now if EA didn't buy Bioware in the first place.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#30roo10158Posted 7/31/2013 5:20:55 PM
It would have been okay if they gave us the originally planned Priority: Earth. I've heard originally, Earth was going to let you decide how and where to use the war assets during it. But instead, they have absolutely no use outside of an arbitrary number...

So it isn't as much of the WA being a bad idea, but that it was implemented properly (likely because of the fact it only had 2 years of development instead of 3 like ME2 did, causing it to be rushed).

Now, a terrible decision was causing it to be tied to the MP. MP shouldn't have to affect the SP and vice versa.
---
Preordered- PS4, GTAV. Waiting to preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises (not in order)- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon