How is the blue ending wrong? *Major Spoilers*

#61BingKafeiPosted 8/12/2013 10:54:55 AM
Rycyyn posted...
No actually, EDi is standing quite a few feet behind the crew without any sense of emotion or feeling in that ending. And the shots of Rannoch show the Geth working with the Reapers rather than the Quarians. The Crucible does not recognize seek out Reaper tech, for both Control and Destroy it affects all synthetic races.
When they first leave the ship after crashing, she leans on Joker in an affectionate way. Plus there's the fact she has no tear ducts, so is incapable of crying like everyone else. I simply took her stance in the final scene with the crew as more stoic, which is a valid response to tragedy. Not everyone rages and cries.

Yeah, EDi leans on Joker affectionately after the ship crashes - in the Synthesis ending. The same ending that she cries and rages with everyone else at the loss of Shepard. But in the Control ending, she doesn't even bother leaving the Normandy or getting close to anyone, and she appears stoic because she HAS NO FEELINGS ANYMORE at that point. She is no longer an AI, like the Geth and the Reapers she has been reprogrammed by the Catalyst.
#62CoolmaticPosted 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM
Bourne_Endeavor posted...
My issues with Control is the uncertainty. Even if Shepard has essentially become the Catalyst with a new programing to preserve galactic peace and stability. Those parameters are binary and subject to problematic circumstances. There have been many a people in human history who have gone on to be reprehensible things in the same of peace. Who is to say Sheplyst will not come to such a conclusion? The Catalyst was created to maintain organic life - a seemingly benevolent objective. Look where that led.

If Shepard still retains any cognitive ability and thus is alive to some extent. Complete isolation does not bode well on the mind.

Obviously, people will headcanon different and I suspect that was BioWare intent. Personally, I dislike that approach because it implies lazy writing. While they do not necessarily have to spell out the details wholesale. The narrative should provide a convincing argument for an alter perspective. Throughout the series "Destroy the Reapers" was always the only goal and ME3 further establishes that belief by drilling us with "CONTROLLING THE REAPERS IS INSANE!"

Likewise, it should be able to stand up to scrutiny. Destroy has the Geth and EDI die purely as an arbitrary consequence that completely invalidates a portion of its own game (Rannoch), all to balance the endings' cause and effect. If you have to sabotage one option to make the other appear preferable. You need to go back to the drawing board because you're doing it wrong.

This is essentially why I can't accept Control as THE good choice or even paragon, it goes against the established goals of the series. I can understand the arguments for it, but why even throw this in the plot at the last minute when it goes against the hundreds of hours previously established in 3 games? They could've at least established the possibility of control being a more viable option more in-depth, in game from a protagonist point of view.
#63Urdnot_RuntPosted 8/15/2013 12:54:17 PM(edited)
I don't really buy the argument that going "against the themes of the series" or "going against what you fought for" is a bad thing.

Control is the best "twist" ending. Synthesis could have been better if it was executed better.

Destroy is boring. You spent the entire series trying to destroy the reapers and then you destroy them with a deus ex machina plot device. That's boring. The sacrifice of the geth make it a little less Disney but not much.

Control is a nice twist. It turns out the illusive man was right, he just wasn't the right man for the job. And it works better with the deus ex machina because its a deus ex and a twist instead of just a deus ex and a predictable victory.

---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#64Urdnot_RuntPosted 8/15/2013 12:39:41 PM
ozzyman314 posted...
Theres no guarantee that CatShep won't come to the same conclusions the original Catalyst did is there? Especially after (inevitably) witnessing millions of years of death and slaughter.

Destroy has been, and always will be the right ending.

No
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#65NafzgerPosted 8/15/2013 6:16:45 PM
metroidman92 posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
Well seeing how being next to giant reapers on a daily basis will indoctrinate you...
don't listen to anything I have to say because I don't understand the story.

---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
I like my women like my chocolate: white
#66ozzyman314Posted 8/15/2013 6:43:24 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
Theres no guarantee that CatShep won't come to the same conclusions the original Catalyst did is there? Especially after (inevitably) witnessing millions of years of death and slaughter.

Destroy has been, and always will be the right ending.

No

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif
---
Loading Signature..........