Does anyone know if Mass Effect Deception has been re-written?

#1HeeroYuy0905Posted 8/16/2013 10:21:21 PM
I heard that the book was being re-written because of all the negative reception. It's been awhile since anyone mentioned this so is it still a work in progress or not happening anymore?
---
An error has occurred while attempting to view this user's signature.
#2ghosta2Posted 8/17/2013 12:45:52 AM
I don't think it is. Just treat Deception as a Fan Fic and forget that it even existed.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#3ZERO2936Posted 8/17/2013 2:23:10 AM(edited)
As far as I know, nothing has been mentioned of it since last December. I'm not expecting it to happen any time soon.
#4YandizbarPosted 8/17/2013 7:39:13 AM
The book received damage control and PR after its release to quell the negative reception and was promised a re-release but its yet to materialize. Probably never will.
#5garanPosted 8/17/2013 10:08:42 AM
Yandizbar posted...
The book received damage control and PR after its release to quell the negative reception and was promised a re-release but its yet to materialize. Probably never will.

This.
#6SageOfLifePosted 8/17/2013 10:15:23 AM
It would require a ground up rewrite. They don't care. At least this way we can just declare it non-canon. Congratulations Bioware, you created the second work I felt the need to declare non-canon. That takes talent considering the other one was Metroid: Other M.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#7TemplariShadowPosted 8/17/2013 10:23:44 AM
What's Mass Effect Deception? Oh you mean that story some kid made up about sci-fi things. No I've not heard tell of it.
#8deadpool_legendPosted 8/17/2013 1:46:29 PM
I really didn't think it was that bad. I just treated the incorrect stuff as non-canon and the correct stuff as canon. Wasn't that big a deal. Wasn't some of the stuff mentioned in ME3? I can't remember what parts of Kai Leng were from the third book and which were from the 4th. haha. I need to re-read them.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9Urdnot_RuntPosted 8/17/2013 7:46:58 PM
Are the mass effect books (with the exception of deception) good novels?

Mass effect is my favorite thing across pretty much all media forms next to the dune novels. So I'm sure ill like the books but how good are they really?
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#10xKryptonKnightxPosted 8/17/2013 7:56:30 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Are the mass effect books (with the exception of deception) good novels?

Mass effect is my favorite thing across pretty much all media forms next to the dune novels. So I'm sure ill like the books but how good are they really?

Revelation, Ascension, and Retribution are all well-received for the most part. The comics are okay but the art is hit-or-miss.
---
Proper Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick