The Locust isn't that bad

#21YamatoBeatsPosted 9/5/2013 4:43:30 AM
"Made for short range which can get you killed." This isn't an argument.

Not to be mean TC, but I have to ask what difficulty you're playing on that the Locust is a more viable weapon than the Hornet and Tempest?
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#22gunholePosted 9/5/2013 8:07:09 AM
I like to bring it along as a sidearm on some of my characters...
for me to poop on
---
[redX] [redX]
#23terrysmay04Posted 9/5/2013 11:09:46 AM
The locust isn't that bad compared to what? A rolled up newspapaer? But with the newspaper you at least get to read an Archie comic when your done.

hmmmm, that actually makes it kinda close
---
Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie.
#24CorvusXIXPosted 9/5/2013 1:00:14 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
The locust isn't that bad compared to what? A rolled up newspapaer? But with the newspaper you at least get to read an Archie comic when your done.

hmmmm, that actually makes it kinda close

Lol, the newspaper certainly serves more of a purpose.
---
GT: RavenGuard19
#25TemplariShadowPosted 9/5/2013 1:01:00 PM
Is it possible we've all been feeding a troll? New user over there. Just sayin'. I mean it's possible TC signed up to fervently defend his fave weapon. But I'm leaning towards 'not so much'.
#26Talon5967Posted 9/5/2013 1:24:14 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...
TemplariShadow posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
Havoc49J posted...
To be blunt, the locust is terrible. I agree with Wolf's points, the idea of using as a secondary isn't valid on weapon classes and on castors you generally desire an anti-armor or shield striping weapon, both functions the Locust is very poor at.

The base damage of the locust is simply to low to capitalize on its accuracy or headshot modifier.

The Hurricane, CSMG, Bloodpack SMG, Tempest, and Hornet all out perform the Locust.

Check my manifest on PS3, I don't have the first 3 SMG's you said + I hate the recoil of the hornet and never really liked the Tempest.

Not to lay it on, but if you've got no experience with the MP versions of those weapons then how can you gauge with any accuracy a comparison between the various SMGs? Sorry.

I dont understand

Just as he said. If you haven't used them, then you can't make an accurate comparison. Any attempt to do so is purely speculation. The Locust only seems good until you get something that actually is.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#27XxproknifaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 5:51:49 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
"Made for short range which can get you killed." This isn't an argument.

Not to be mean TC, but I have to ask what difficulty you're playing on that the Locust is a more viable weapon than the Hornet and Tempest?

Gold with Turian Soldier SMG build.
#28TheLast0neAlivePosted 9/5/2013 6:31:59 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...
Don't get me wrong, it's not a 'godly' SMG like the Hurricane or the Collector SMG, but it's decent.

Everything is "decent" on the Turian Soldier.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#29DuneManPosted 9/5/2013 6:59:40 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...

And the Tempest would still be better at what the Locust does on the Turian Soldier. It's pretty much a pinpoint when fired from cover under Marksman. The rest of the time you can fire off cooldown specced Proxy Mines to stagger everything while granting increased damage from all sources.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#30Jedi_MercenaryPosted 9/10/2013 6:20:17 AM
The Locust is pretty good on Gold with gun classes. Slap it on a Marksman class with mods and the enemies will die extremely fast with a cooldown that lets you be in Marksman constantly. Definitely not the best gun out there, but if it does it's job then who am I to complain?
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."