Overkill powers against phantoms

#1NefhithPosted 9/18/2013 5:29:23 PM
So, I was using the vorcha sentinel and decided to use flamer against a phantom, expecting her to put her bubble shield up so I could boomboom her head, instead she just kept trying to get to me while burning, only to try to escape after her barrier went down, without even using the shield.

So, is there any other power (other than grenades not directly aimed at them) that works as well as flamer does?
---
I have so many Disruptor rounds I could solo the Sovereign attack on the Citadel. -Mr_arizona
#2Havoc49JPosted 9/18/2013 5:44:57 PM(edited)
Biotic Charge
Nova
Phase Disruptor
Stasis
Singularity
Lash
Dark Channel
Proximity Mine
Ballistic Blades
Havoc Strike
Seige Pulse
Recon Mine
Snap Freeze
Concussive Arrow
Bionic Hammer
Electric Hammer
Biotic Slash
Electric Slash
Nightshade Blades
Poison Strike

I've never understood the Phantom hate. They die easily and cost alot of the spawn budget. Every one of these powers make Phantoms your *****.
---
My Youtube channel with ME3 Vanguard gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCLcaGVuXEvUt5ne68C1ZlJw
#3TheHefHugsPosted 9/18/2013 5:56:27 PM
Overload and Energy Drain I believe and Reave and Dark Channel are no brainers.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#4YamatoBeatsPosted 9/18/2013 6:11:32 PM
Dark Channel, Flamer, Biotic Charge, Phase Disruptor. Honestly, there's so many ways to not only stagger a Phantom but get them to panic that it's a joke. They're one of the easiest sub bosses in MP, easiest being the Brute because they don't have a "F*** you" bubble.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#5Nefhith(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 6:22:46 PM
Havoc49J posted...
Biotic Charge
Nova
Phase Disruptor
Stasis
Singularity
Lash
Dark Channel
Proximity Mine
Ballistic Blades
Havoc Strike
Seige Pulse
Recon Mine
Snap Freeze
Concussive Arrow
Bionic Hammer
Electric Hammer
Biotic Slash
Electric Slash
Nightshade Blades
Poison Strike

I've never understood the Phantom hate. They die easily and cost alot of the spawn budget. Every one of these powers make Phantoms your *****.

That's a useful list, and I appreciate it.

The Phantom hate comes from people who get easily distracted or don't have jedi power to sense katana wielding boob ninjas coming from behind you. I once tried, but I accidentaly shaved my cat's head.

Seriously now, it's not that easy to deal with phantoms. You guys just cheat or something.
---
I have so many Disruptor rounds I could solo the Sovereign attack on the Citadel. -Mr_arizona
#6code_kirinPosted 9/18/2013 6:24:07 PM
Flamer doesn't work well. She'll keep palm blasting you while you try to take down her barrier, and she will beat you unless you have RHA.

Havoc49J posted...
Biotic Charge
Nova
Phase Disruptor
Stasis
Singularity
Lash
Dark Channel
Proximity Mine
Ballistic Blades
Havoc Strike
Seige Pulse
Recon Mine
Snap Freeze
Concussive Arrow
Bionic Hammer
Electric Hammer
Biotic Slash
Electric Slash
Nightshade Blades
Poison Strike

Some of those powers are blocked by Phantoms (Siege, Lash, Singularity, Proxy, Concussive Arrow). I know sometimes that's the point, allowing you to headshot them, but they are also range-dependent, as she will do the stupid flip at closer range.

Ballistic Blades does not stagger Phantoms without full passive power investment. Neither will NSB. Poison Strike does nothing to them but leave you vulnerable, though I'm guessing you're using it with Acolyte as a detonator. Dark Channel takes way too long to kill them, during which she will continue to be a massive PITA to your team. The rest of those are pretty decently reliable for them... though I would argue hammers are risky because warlord is a katana magnet.

There's perfectly good reason to hate Phantoms. It's because they cheat. They ignore powers like champs, either by blocking or flipping, they have ridiculous damage resistance on host rendering some classes very vulnerable to them, they have insane DPS from range, and an instant kill that's incredibly buggy or badly designed. Their melee of course stunlocks you so they can instant kill you as well. If you're playing a class that can deal with them, they're not so bad. They really imbalance the game just by existing though.
#7GoldenSWarriorsPosted 9/18/2013 7:41:52 PM(edited)
Havoc49J posted...
Biotic Charge

because you either play off host or use vanguards. Try killing a phantom on-host using something like the crusader.

kirin do blades really not stagger phantoms without full power passive? I always use my blades against them and they seem to stand still at least.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#8code_kirinPosted 9/18/2013 7:45:55 PM
They won't like biotic charge stagger, but it'll make them pause for a second. I actually never spec my batarian for full power damage, so I've never seen BBs full stagger a Phantom.
#9TimeShinigamiPosted 9/18/2013 8:06:07 PM
I LOVE using Nightshade Blades on Phantoms. I've got a weapon build, and I still kill phantoms in three blades, maybe with a little fire from my lancer to clean up.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#10YamatoBeatsPosted 9/18/2013 8:08:15 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
Havoc49J posted...
Biotic Charge

because you either play off host or use vanguards. Try killing a phantom on-host using something like the crusader.

kirin do blades really not stagger phantoms without full power passive? I always use my blades against them and they seem to stand still at least.

They'll do the little head nod/nudge thing like they got smacked upside the head but that's about it. That being said, it's about all you need since they don't block it.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."